Looking to purchase 2018 kenevo expert .

maynard

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
So I own 2nd gen levo . I'm not as familiar with first gen bikes. Any thing I should be checking before purchase in regards to electrics / motor. The wierd lights display on the battery in particular and what to look for . All other parts I'm good ! I know Zimmerframe owns a kenevo. Or did . Maybe u can assist mate . Cheers 🍻

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Wouldn't you be better off with a 2nd Generation Kenevo? At least you'd have a spare battery.

maynard

Subscriber
Just seems like a bargain . I test rode it everything seems good to me . When i turned bike on . I thought maybe a red light flashed . Before green LEDs came on . Do we have a video on the forum of normal start up for first gen bikes ?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
It's a solid bike. Pretty much indestructible. The frame isn't "light" but it should last forever no matter what you do with it.

The 1.3 is similar to the Mag's except it's ally so doesn't have the problems with bonded parts coming free inside as they're press fit. Seems semi reliable as long as you don't pedal strike too much or regular jet wash it. The 1.2's had heat issues and were modded to the 1.2e's (efficient/less power).

Mines been fully submerged a few times for 200+ meters and is still going strong - I have compensated though and haven't washed it for 2 years now.

A 1.3 should give you the full 20 amps, so at full charge, possibly over 800w depending on the state of the battery.

Battery health has probably degraded. Mine dropped 10% in the first couple of months, but has since stayed pretty similar (Use Blevo for a more accurate reading).

It's pretty much a do anything bike. Happy being thrown down the rockiest madness or bumbling to a mates for a coffee.

With a 500wh battery it gives absolutely crap range with anything really draggy like DH22's.

Recently changed all the bearings on mine so it feels all nice and tight again.

maynard

Subscriber
Pls excuse the mess . Here's the new beast

20230315_234337.jpg

maynard

Subscriber
I'm pretty shore it's de restricted. Which I would of done anyway . I can't get blevo to work ATM. Yeh cranks look heaps wierd . I noticed that when i got home . Big chunky wierd looking. It's so much more manoeuvrable than my levo . Please explain why ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles