Looking for shop recommendations in Sydney

Bear

Jan 4, 2020
Sydney Australia
Hello All, I do not have a EMTB yet. I'm looking to purchase my first. I'm a reasonably avid bike rider Brompton for commuting by train and Vivente WR for touring. I haven't done MTB riding for some time. I'm 52, 180cm and 103kgs so a bit of an old Clydesdale. Looking for a shop with good service and fair pricing. I've been to Macarthur Ebikes and Chain Reaction in Cronulla. I live in Ingleburn but happy to travel a little bit for great service a bit of a deal. I've been looking at Giant Trance e+ ? and Merida Eone Sixty models. Any suggestions?

Cheers

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I only have experience with my brothers Merida. Great value for money bike, possible the best value. 99 bikes after sales service seems pretty decent but from experience you won’t need to use them much.
Haven’t ridden the new model but I hear there an improvement.

Can't help with the shop as I am in Newcastle where my local shop Cheeky bikes is great , but I am a similar age and size and weight to you , I have about 6 months experience with a large size Norco Sight VLT 2 and it is a really good thing for the $$$ . My major criteria when selecting wich bike to buy was 1 quality suspension 2 largest battery capacity but still be afordable . It came down to the Rocky Mountain v's the Norco and the lower price of the Norco won out . You need to work out what your prioritiesare and sort through the contenders .

Errol1098

Jul 8, 2018
Sydney Australia
I'm in Glen Alpine, try Wilson's bike hub in Wollongong they have GT, Merida and Scott and are really knowledgable and helpful, will price match - great shop. I've been looking for a few weeks and they were the best I encountered, 99 bikes Lidcombe were rubbish. You do want it all though great service and a deal.Sometimes, in my experience, the best deal isn't the cheapest, service costs money?

Doesn't hurt to wish lol. Ultimately I need a good shop that I can get to fairly easily.
Yes , the cheapest purchase price is often not the best owner experience , I do a net seach and ask my prefered shop to price match , usually works out quite well for both parties I find . I did this when buying my Norco and they were happy to price match the cheapest nearby (within 200 km) online price .

oldmanmx

Jan 19, 2020
Camden NSW
I'm in Camden and got a 2019 Trance E+ 3 in May. I've had a couple of small problems I think it's all sorted now. They do Giant and Specialized and have pretty good service. I'm 60 and 100kg and 5'10" and on the shops recommendation got a medium and can say that I can do a 100k ride on this bike without too many aches and pains at the end of the day. 20191026_092430.jpg

oldmanmx

Jan 19, 2020
Camden NSW
Sorry just realised that somehow I'd left out that I'd bought it from Camden Cycles. I remember typing it but somewhere in among correcting a million typing mistakes it disappeared. It's important to go to a shop close by as e-bikes are fairly new on the market and there always bound to be issues

Last edited:

Bear

Jan 4, 2020
Sydney Australia
Sorry just realised that somehow I'd left out that I'd bought it from Camden Cycles. I remember typing it but somewhere in among correcting a million typing mistakes it disappeared. It's important to go to a shop close by as e-bikes are fairly new on the market and there always bound to be issues

Nice Bike Mate.. Thanks for the tip. I still haven't decided

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles