May 7, 2019
Kent UK
As title says guys any suggestions would be helpful, so far on the list are
canyon Neuron6/7 Spectrel 6
Merida one twenty 800

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
I'm happy with the Thok Mig I bought in Febuary and its well within your budget.
Would recommend if you buy direct from Europe to use a credit card with 0% currency transfer on foreign transactions. Even paypal charge a fee, and just a small pecentage at that value is a fair chunk of cash.

Beezerk

Mar 23, 2019
Gateshead
I'm in the same boat, current list has Vitus E Sommet VR, Commencal Meta Power 29 Fox Essential, Thok Mig R and the Focus Jam2 (undecided on model).
Pick the bones out of that lot lol.

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
I just picked up a brand new Kenevo expert for 4k. Rumours of a new model coming soon means big discounts are out there
Its a hell of bike for 5500 but an absolute stonker for 4k

Jaygam

Feb 14, 2019
Hampshire
One thing I noticed on a group ride was how all the crud collects around the bb/swingarm mount area in muddy conditions and how quite a few E-bikes could be designed better in that aera. Somthing that may be worth consideration if your new to the market.

DK_EBIKER

May 6, 2019
Denmark
Would be easyer if you told us, what sort of diciplin your driving?
Is it trail/Enduro, DH, XC, ?
HT or fully?
Travel lenght?
there are so many bikes out there, and i would be difficult to pinpoint the rigt one :)

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Going on Rob's review and many others owner experience I would say the Vitus eSummit would be a great bet although stock is usually a bit limited..

TheBikePilot

🎥SHOOTER🎥
Patreon
Author
Oct 9, 2018
Clapham, London
Agree with @Doomanic

All I’d say about a discounted Kenevo is the spec will be quite low compared to a Vitus.

Plus I think the new Kenevo will be out in Sept. That said you would get dealer support with a Spesh.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I bought my Merida E120 900e new for £3300, it was a 2018 but the spec seems identical, I took a punt on an unknown retailer in spain but bought it on a credit card so I wasn't to worried.
What does disappoint me is the spec on a 'normal' £4k retail bike, pretty low rent stuff especially on the Specialized.

ReVolt

Jun 10, 2019
London
I’ve just bought a Lapierre Overvolt 627i having previously been a Haibiker. First time with full sus and loving it: the Fox 36 Fit4 plus the rear DPX2 are great and have gone tubeless also for the first and so far so good. I’m 6ft 2.5 (189cm) and the reach is much shorter than my previous Haibikes as you might expect. To give myself more room I’ve pushed the saddle as far back as it’ll go then turned the handlebars towards which will be more comfortable for longer treks. Happy with all components but first to go would probably be the Sram NX shifter then an upgrade from the SRAM Guide T’s to Codes. This would also permit a matchmaker combined clamp. I’m new to the trails so looking forward to learning the basics at my local Surrey Hills though having just turned 50, I’ll be taking it easy - I’ve lost the fearlessness I had in my teens !!!

Terry

Jan 4, 2019
Hampshire
Giant Trance E+1 Pro with discount should be about right price or Giant Trance E+2 Pro without discount £3999. Both brilliant bikes and worth a look. See reviews on this site for review of Trance E+2.

waxiemaxie

Jun 5, 2019
Bristol
Really enjoying the 10 speed E-Sommet at £2999 (if you can get one) spent an additional £250 upgrading to XT group set and XT 4 pot front brake with Ice Tech rotor and tubeless. Now have a bike that exceeds the spec of many £5k bikes. Loving the ride of the E-Sommet has a fantastic grin rating!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles