Looking for a frame that can support dual battery configuration BAFANG ULTRA M620

roastpotato

Jul 21, 2023
UK
Basically I'm looking for a full suspension frame that can support dual battery configuration for the bafang M620.

I've looked at a fair few and they don't have the space in the triangle to fit a DP-5 battery.
The frey bikes are a bit out of reach price wise so I'm looking on alibaba but had no look so far.

Bengy22

Aug 25, 2022
USA
Probably a max of 2080wh.
I know it's not exactly what you want, and hopefully someone can chime in with a frame that is a dual battery or has the space to be one but if you are up to doing a custom "softpack" battery you likely could fit or get very close to 2kwh in a Dengfu E55. I found a guy on the Dengfu FB group who made a 19s5p pack of 21700's inside a 3d printed case, apparently he could have fit 14s7p but wanted the higher power 19s would bring on a modified stock controller. 14s7p is 98 cells, standard 5ah would be 1800wh, newer cell like the lg m58t would be 2050wh

roastpotato

Jul 21, 2023
UK
I know it's not exactly what you want, and hopefully someone can chime in with a frame that is a dual battery or has the space to be one but if you are up to doing a custom "softpack" battery you likely could fit or get very close to 2kwh in a Dengfu E55. I found a guy on the Dengfu FB group who made a 19s5p pack of 21700's inside a 3d printed case, apparently he could have fit 14s7p but wanted the higher power 19s would bring on a modified stock controller. 14s7p is 98 cells, standard 5ah would be 1800wh, newer cell like the lg m58t would be 2050wh
I was thinking of just going the soft pack route but my reasoning behind wanting an actual battery case as a secondary is so I can use it with my 52v 1.5kw throttle only build so I don’t have to buy another battery for it.

I guess I can achieve the same solution with a soft pack and frame bag but it’s a bit more effort changing it over

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles