Lightweigt EMTB + bike trailer - range?

Calamity

Sep 23, 2020
Norway
Hi all! I have a question about what battery range reduction you can expect when using a child trailer.

I have to drop off and get my daughter from kidergarden 6 km away, and since I have a flexible job and the place is just at the edge of a lot on nice trails my plan was to get a large battery EMTB, bike with trailer, drop her off and leave trailer, and bike for 2-3 hours. Or do the opposite before picking her up. I also want to go on longer (50km) gravel trips with her in the trailer.

I tried the Levo SL and really liked it, but I was down to 40% battery or so already after 2-3 hours alone in the middle of summer. I am not the most "economical" rider, and I dont want to use only eco mode and get tired from just casual family rides since I want to save my legs for other sports. I am 95kg with gear and kid+trailer is around 30-35 kg.

Should I forget about getting a lightweight emtb and just go for a larger battery or is a trailer not enough to reduce range significantly? Grateful for any insights!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles