Lightcarbon LCES004 (Dengfu E10 alternative in USA)

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I have shared in 3Dprint thread the file recovered

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
I have shared in 3Dprint thread the file recovered

Thanks, That the one I already got ;)

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
Pas génial pour prendre des photos (ou peindre au pistolet, car je n'avais plus de filament noir), mais voici une version de travail adaptée à mon vélo

J'ai modifié la couverture pour qu'elle soit correcte depuis l'impression de ma version car j'ai remarqué que la courbure d'ouverture n'est pas symétrique, mais elle tient toujours bien telle quelle dans ma version et je ne veux pas passer encore 8h à l'imprimer correctement.
Dans les fichiers, vous remarquerez l'espace pour enfoncer des écrous M4 (chauffés avec un fer à souder) et ils se fixent au cadre avec des vis M4 d'une longueur d'environ 13-15 mm. Il y a aussi un boulon M6, juste vissé dans la "lèvre" de retenue supérieure, de sorte qu'il peut être manipulé de l'extérieur en verrouillant le couvercle, avant d'être vissé dans les trous du cadre.

[ATTACHEZ]111537[/ATTACHEZ] [ATTACHEZ]111538[/ATTACHEZ] [ATTACHEZ]111539[/ATTACHEZ] [ATTACHEZ]111540[/ATTACHEZ]

Well done ! @merc123123
I took the liberty of making your file available in the post dedicated to 3D printing files.
Being a complete noob in 3D printing, I'm going to have to find a guy or a shop that has a big enough 3D printer
Could you please let me know the quantity needed to print the cover, and the recommended wire diameter.
I don't want any "garbage" on the frame, so I guess to print a quality cover, the best should be to use ABS/Carbon!?
I checked the price...:(
Having to call on a third party, it will certainly cost more than 150€!!!
I continue to investigate, but I think I will forget the LCES004 and resign myself to the E10:( which is delivered with the cover and the battery support for the same price...

Last edited:

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
also have the brother modle fat EMTB frame LCE18

View attachment 88871

View attachment 88872

Still wondering which frame to order!

Again, I'm seduced by vertical shock design and LCES004 would be the right candidate if there were not the battery housing cover issue.

I have ordered the M510. It should be shipped within 10 days and the time it arrives I have time to torture my brain (May be you too) about the frame :D

I discovered the LCE28 can fit the M510 so I made a geometry comparison with the LCES004;
I am not a bike geometry expert at all. Could, the who knows, help me telling me if the LCE28 could be a good alternative?

BT F25 fit and empty case available is the first advantage.

Almost +0,600gr, not really an advantage. :)

What about the geometry comparison, please:

Geo LCES004 VS LCE28.png

Last edited:

merc123123

Mar 9, 2023
Slovenia
Well done ! @merc123123
I took the liberty of making your file available in the post dedicated to 3D printing files.
Being a complete noob in 3D printing, I'm going to have to find a guy or a shop that has a big enough 3D printer
Could you please let me know the quantity needed to print the cover, and the recommended wire diameter.
I don't want any "garbage" on the frame, so I guess to print a quality cover, the best should be to use ABS/Carbon!?
I checked the price...:(
Having to call on a third party, it will certainly cost more than 150€!!!
I continue to investigate, but I think I will forget the LCES004 and resign myself to the E10:( which is delivered with the cover and the battery support for the same price...
That is a very expensive quote I think. My cover cost me about 4€ in material and 8h print time (Anycubic Chiron), it weighs in at around 150g with all the elements, but as I said, it is only to cover the hole in the frame not to hold the battery the full weight of the battery. I am not sure 3d printing a cover is going to be up to the task of holding the battery, not strong enough in my experience of 3d printing. For light road use maybe, but not for enduro.

I used PTEG, 0.6mm nozzle, 0.32mm layer height with 3 bottom and 2 top layers, and 7 outer layers, 10% infill.

For holding the battery I am using 2 velcro straps attached to a metal plate I found, drilled 2 holes in it, and attached it to the 2 threads inside the frame (bottle screws). I also packed my soft case battery tight with some foam inside. Feels very solid and there is space for the cables between the metal plate and the frame so no problems there. Takes around 2 minutes to remove the battery. I will take some pictures next time I remove it to show how it works, but I think you get the idea

PH1L1PP3

Apr 27, 2023
France
That is a very expensive quote I think. My cover cost me about 4€ in material and 8h print time (Anycubic Chiron), it weighs in at around 150g with all the elements, but as I said, it is only to cover the hole in the frame not to hold the battery the full weight of the battery. I am not sure 3d printing a cover is going to be up to the task of holding the battery, not strong enough in my experience of 3d printing. For light road use maybe, but not for enduro.

I used PTEG, 0.6mm nozzle, 0.32mm layer height with 3 bottom and 2 top layers, and 7 outer layers, 10% infill.

For holding the battery I am using 2 velcro straps attached to a metal plate I found, drilled 2 holes in it, and attached it to the 2 threads inside the frame (bottle screws). I also packed my soft case battery tight with some foam inside. Feels very solid and there is space for the cables between the metal plate and the frame so no problems there. Takes around 2 minutes to remove the battery. I will take some pictures next time I remove it to show how it works, but I think you get the idea
You get a large 3D printer 👍
I don't get 3D printer and looking for a third party. The material is around 40€ and 08:00 of printing won't be free 😉
2 friends got too little printer.
Thanks for the technical information. Which wire diameter did you used?

merc123123

Mar 9, 2023
Slovenia
You get a large 3D printer 👍
I don't get 3D printer and looking for a third party. The material is around 40€ and 08:00 of printing won't be free 😉
2 friends got too little printer.
Thanks for the technical information. Which wire diameter did you used?
It was 4€ not 40€, for the material, 1kg filament roll cost around 22€. I would offer to print it for you but don't really have the time for that now.
By wire diameter, do you mean filament diameter? Standard 1.75mm

LD-Hansen

May 21, 2023
Norway
Found a guy on facebook that managed to get a consumer battery fitted to the LCES004 frame.
He does not give much information, but its 48v 840wh.
Trying to figure out where he bought it, does anyone here now where to get that?
Is it the Dengfu E10 battery maybe?

344170051_742613580982924_8820107778808522402_n.jpg
345571884_993347164940303_1599655370810607760_n.jpg

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Hi. does somebody use this frame in "mulet" 27.5 rear and 29 front ? does they have compensate the geometry with longer rear shock ? with what ? wich BB height result ? thanks for your help

Slaine

Apr 12, 2022
France
Hi. does somebody use this frame in "mulet" 27.5 rear and 29 front ? does they have compensate the geometry with longer rear shock ? with what ? wich BB height result ? thanks for your help
I bought mullet package wheel and I reicive them on march

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles