Levo SL Gen 1 LEVO SL Sizing for who's in the middle of two sizes

Frank#72

Apr 27, 2021
Italy
Hi,

I rode a Levo 2017 in alluminium size M, a Levo 2018 carbon in size M and actually Levo Expert 2020 size M.

Recently I bought a Levo SL expert 2020 in size S

I'm tall 167 cm, inseam 76,5 cm, and my knee to floor measure is 44 cm. The tabel of specialized says that the eight of 165 cm is where the S end and the M start. But when I put my measures of 44 cm and 8 cm on the specialized on-line sizing help the answer is I'm size small anche the height of my saddle is 66.5 cm.

When I came on the shop to buy my new Levo SL expert 2020 the assistant said me I'm an S size so I buoght S.
(But I'm still keeping my LEVO for my wife or when I've in program very long rides)

Now I'm in trouble cause after my first 50kms I fell not confortable, the bike look to me short. Of course is super agile in the tight corners but when things get fast (and I like it !) I fell too much close to the stem and if I stretch to back over the rear wheel and seat post down I loose completely the sense of where is the saddle wich I've no contact at all. This make me fell a bit insicure cause some time I like to feel the front of the saddle between my legs expecilly when I'm tired cause I'm not a young gun anymore :)

I also feel too much tight when in the little relaxing moments in a downhill section I want to seat with the seat post down, my legs are like a ride a bmx.

I've moved back the saddle 1 cm and I'm thinking to upgrade the stem from 40 mm (original) to a 50 mm this togheter with the saddle can give me leght from bar to saddle similar of a size M, but I'm scared that this could effect in my position on the bike. Cause with this light SL size S I've more issues with front wheel grip on corners then with my LEVO size M and I'm scared that with a 50 mm stem these issues can get even worst.

I'd like to have some expert opinion about what I wrote and some suggestions if and how to modify my size S, my ride stile or sell it and buy a size M.

Thanks for helping !

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles