Levo modular battery

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Wouldn’t it be great if Specialized could make a modular battery for the levo.

It’s a long battery, that can be difficult to carry a spare. Would be great if it could just snap in half.
Could even make the top section just an empty blank, maybe a swat door for stashing bits and pieces.
It would make it so dam versatile.

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK

It’s a long battery, that can be difficult to carry a spare. Would be great if it could just snap in half.
Could even make the top section just an empty blank, maybe a swat door for stashing bits and pieces.
That’s a good idea. I wonder if the structure of the battery helps maintain the rigid ness of the bike? I think that there is still some space above the battery for a small jacket.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
That’s a good idea. I wonder if the structure of the battery helps maintain the rigid ness of the bike? I think that there is still some space above the battery for a small jacket.
Specialized say the motor does not add to frame strength and you can ride it without battery installed.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
there are some Italian guys who have built a second battery to plug in to the levo, it doubles the watt hour and sits in place of the bottle cage, you can program it to run first and then switch to the spesh battery, run on its own or run in parallel.
Its called ADAMA and info is very scarce at the mo but it will be available probably next month

Bimba

Founding Member
Jan 22, 2018
Birmingham

Great Idea !!!

Taffyteg

Founding Member
Feb 13, 2018
United Kingdom
I had a look at this a while ago and the problem is with how the cells are connected together. You need to get 42V (I think from memory) output and if you split a Levo pack in half you may struggle to get this, and then you would need to connect any additional cells / packs in parallel in order not to upset the voltage. Other problem is power output, sucking energy from lots of cells means they can supply energy easily without getting overworked, try and get the same amount of energy out of half that and they could end up working hard... Future bikes having modular / split packs is a great idea though.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles