Levo / Kenevo (gen1) Range Extender thread

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
What's the range of extender approx....or size of battery?
Any pics of it on a bike

I'll post some pics when I get home but my (small) bottle is 252Wh so adds 50% more distance to the ride (based on your usual battery life/performance). The extender and main battery run in parallel and in theory both discharge together

Dusty

Jul 14, 2018
Liverpool
I'll post some pics when I get home but my (small) bottle is 252Wh so adds 50% more distance to the ride (based on your usual battery life/performance). The extender and main battery run in parallel and in theory both discharge together
Can I ask your own personal longest distance travelled on this system

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Can I ask your own personal longest distance travelled on this system

I'm not a distance man but do like to go everywhere in Turbo if I can...:D

However, it will literally allow you (in the case of my extender size) to do 50% more, so, if you used to drain a battery doing 40miles, with the extender you'll be able to do 60miles.

The actual distance will relate to your riding style, altitude climbed, rider weight and what mode you are using (along with the assistance setting for each) but, as I say, like for like you'll get 50% more (if you are using the small bottle extender)

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Can you do me a favour mate, can you give me a measurement from down tube to the hieght of the bottle neck
Danny gave me the length (23cm) but i need to know how high it stands off the down tube at the bottle neck end

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Can you do me a favour mate, can you give me a measurement from down tube to the hieght of the bottle neck
Danny gave me the length (23cm) but i need to know how high it stands off the down tube at the bottle neck end

Does this help or do you need measurements?

EDIT: sorry, see next post

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
39F55AEB-3607-4C0B-A7BE-C47699774D71.jpeg

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
Think thats fine thanks trying to work out how to fit with a piggy back shock but its not gonna work unless i fit a different shock
Damm wanted one of those
Thanks for help mate

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Think thats fine thanks trying to work out how to fit with a piggy back shock but its not gonna work unless i fit a different shock
Damm wanted one of those
Thanks for help mate

I’ll getting my Fox Van RC fromTFtuned next week and considering to mount it upside down. I know the piggyback part will stick out to one side due to the bikeyoke but I’m not sure if that will interfere with my legs when peddling.

By doing so I can still carry a bottle or an extender.

Karsten

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Have to say the more I look at range extenders the far more appealing option they appear to be than a massive standard battery that weighs more.

Most of my riding never sees me exceeding normal range, but having the option to extend the range for the 4 or 5 times a year I might need it would be great.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I tried to buy one, but he can’t ship it to the US. I even wanted to buy it without the cells and I’d source the cells myself, no luck.
He did send me a free keychain

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I’ll getting my Fox Van RC fromTFtuned next week and considering to mount it upside down. I know the piggyback part will stick out to one side due to the bikeyoke but I’m not sure if that will interfere with my legs when peddling.

By doing so I can still carry a bottle or an extender.

Karsten
Is it a custom shock?
A remote reservoir used to be an option on the RC

Something like this
p4pb9714442.jpg

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Gary,

I have never seen that version of the Van RC for sale and TFtuned did not mention it either.

During todays ride I paid close attention to the movements of my leg/space up against the bikeyoke and there are loads of space for the piggyback so I'm sure the mounting it with the piggyback up agains the bikeyoke is no problem at all.

Karsten

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
on the RCs it was mainly an OEM DH spec shock. Kona used them among others. But it could be done to other shocks (back when Mojo were around)

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I did just talk to Danny and said he can make custom housing but it takes two to three months, i had something in mind a bit more flatter that half wrapped around the down tube ( imagine a tunnel shaped housing) but im going to try @khorn @khorn idea first, if it works prob solved. I will do it tomorow and report

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
Any chance of pics on how it's connected. Thanks.

Yes but not for a week I’m afraid. I’m travelling next week and have just dropped the bike at the LBS for some warranty work while I’m away.

However, you simply replace the cable that connects the motor and battery with the one in the kit which in turn provides the spur to plug into the extender. The only non-reversable part of the mod is you have to cut a semi circle on one edge of the motor housing cover for the extender (spur) cable to pass through. Worst case you could buy a new cover.

Mod time, less than 30mins, seriously

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
Yes but not for a week I’m afraid. I’m travelling next week and have just dropped the bike at the LBS for some warranty work while I’m away.

However, you simply replace the cable that connects the motor and battery with the one in the kit which in turn provides the spur to plug into the extender. The only non-reversable part of the mod is you have to cut a semi circle on one edge of the motor housing cover for the extender (spur) cable to pass through. Worst case you could buy a new cover.

Mod time, less than 30mins, seriously
Thanks! now it all makes sense to me.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Brilliant Dave, as a matter of fact I think that there is now more space that with the stock shock as there is no climb switch now.

Karsten

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
That shock reservoir/comp adjuster would definitely catch on my leg. I had to put gaffertape over the schraeder valve on my Capra's shock as it catches my shorts in the air (especially whipping/tabling) and it sticks out nowhere near that much. (similar shock arrangement/position to a spesh - without the stupid yoke tho so the piggy back sits above the shock where it should be
As they say though. YMMV

Hope it works for you.

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have only had a quick ride so far and it seems fine, the bike has a wide qf and the cranks i have fitted make it a little wider so no snagging.
If they had designed the bike yoke with the hole in the horizontal plane it would have been simple but it is what it is

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles