Mar 4, 2020
arouca
252wh

very satisfied

20200529_103824.jpg

BikeChimp

Feb 24, 2019
Sheffield, UK
I got a Specialized Levo 2019 type Trail Watts unit fitted 11 months ago. 252wh paid £509 for it.

I once did a 7.5hr 49 miles outing in Peak District with Trailwatts. It works really well.

However I've only used it 4 times as ended up getting a lot fitter using this bike so use it at 20/30/50% most of time with original main battery. 3.5-4 hrs is enough for me - saddle soreness will hit me before battery gives out

Anyone want to buy the Trailwatts off me?

Forever Wild

May 21, 2020
Arizona
I got a Specialized Levo 2019 type Trail Watts unit fitted 11 months ago. 252wh paid £509 for it.

I once did a 7.5hr 49 miles outing in Peak District with Trailwatts. It works really well.

However I've only used it 4 times as ended up getting a lot fitter using this bike so use it at 20/30/50% most of time with original main battery. 3.5-4 hrs is enough for me - saddle soreness will hit me before battery gives out

Anyone want to buy the Trailwatts off me?
How much?

BikeChimp

Feb 24, 2019
Sheffield, UK

Django

Nov 11, 2020
Belgium
What about the mission control app when having a range extender? Does it show a "larger" battery? Does the "smart control" calculate with both batteries together?

Joan1975part2

Apr 3, 2022
Belgium
I have a Kenevo with "the Box" range extender.
Does anyone know if you can chare the extender and the bike at the same moment or if you have to do one after the other.

Thanks

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Motor and battery technology has come on in leaps and bounds in that time, I doubt we'll see the same level of advancement in the next 6 years unfortunately. Sure, there will be advances, but incremental rather than those we have seen before.
we'll see in 6 years :)
Battery technology is on the edge of another big leap into the future. They experiment with other battery-ingredients like "lithium-magnesium" or "lithium-sulfur", but there are also some radical and "world-changing" approaches like "solid state" and "flow" batteries.
Donnie's not been on for about 3 years .. but I hate to say it .. Doom's was right in this instance !! :cool:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
We're a few years on. Does anyone have any long term experiences with the range extenders for the Gen1 bikes? Which worked ? Still work ? Didn't degrade ? Fall out.

Thinking of getting one for the Antique and embracing Retroism.

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
We're a few years on. Does anyone have any long term experiences with the range extenders for the Gen1 bikes? Which worked ? Still work ? Didn't degrade ? Fall out.

Thinking of getting one for the Antique and embracing Retroism.

Hi Zim, long time! ;)

I'm still running my trailwatts extender and it's still going strong. I did start to doubt its capacity during the winter and sent the unit back to @TrailwattsUK for a "service". Graham thoroughly tested the unit and wiring loom and returned it with a clean bill of health. Sure enough, as he said, now temperatures are back up my "normal" usage has returned.

I regularly ride with Gen3 Levo owners that have the 700wh batteries and we always finish within a few % of each other

Strava tells me I've completed 6,358 miles, and climbed 491,368ft of which I'd estimate about 75% of the time was with the extender.

I hope that helps?

Stu(mpy)

NB: I have a 2018 Levo, which I believe is Gen 2 (504Wh battery) with a 252Wh extender

Last edited:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Hi Zim, long time! ;)

A long time indeed ! We've missed you here in the Asylum !

Thanks for that !! Impressive, think it's the way to go. Looks like it's stood up very well over the time/distance.

Do you know how your 504wh battery has held up ? Mine says 90% in Mission Control and 87% in Blevo, but then Mission Control has always been optimistic with battery healths. I lost 10% in the first few weeks (I was concerned !) , since then it's been about 1% a year. Presumably it was 90% when I got it, from being stored and it took the BMS a few charge cycles to work that out.

1687182293806.png

1687182319399.png

Stumpy

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
I've still got old and new Mission control, unsurprisingly they don't agree :ROFLMAO: BLEvo is less optimistic on mine too.....

IMG_0405.png IMG_0404.png IMG_0406.PNG

JanCapek

Aug 16, 2018
Czech Republic
Hi guys, just wanted to find out whether there are still range extender solutions for old Levos after such long time and found your posts. Hmm, maybe another alternative how to deal with decreasing capacity of main battery.. :unsure:

I am on 89% health with my 5 years old Levo. For me the upgrade to new bike make sense when something nice with integrated gearbox with motor will be available. I like Pinion solution a lot! :) But old Levo serves me still well.

1689081593199.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles