Levo Gen 2 Levo keeps running on its own, 5 new motor.

cuaion

Sep 16, 2019
Denmark
Hallo everybody!

I have a 2020 Levo comp, witch have replaced motor 5 times now.
Every time I get a new motor its broken. Its over running, and if I remove my feet from pedals, it just keep on going.
The torque sensor is getting some input from somewhere, don't think is the motor it self. The last motor did it first time around 60km, the one I have on right now, did I first time after only 4 km. Motor is on 15km now, and had the fault 4 times.

Today speedsensor cable replaced, and updated to the new OTA 7.4.1 update.

Some of you guys had same problem, and if what got replaced to fix the problem.
Maybe @Specialized Rider Care ?

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
A long shot but make sure the rear hub is spinning backwards, I.e you can turn the rear cassette backwards.
On my levo the bearing had collapsed in the free hub.
You could ride as normal because the fact that the crank arms can stop independent of the wheel hub masked the fault, but as the cassette is being driven all the time, the motor does not stop when you stop pedaling.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
A long shot but make sure the rear hub is spinning backwards, I.e you can turn the rear cassette backwards.
You could ride as normal because the fact that the crank arms can stop independent of the wheel hub masked the fault, but as the cassette is being driven all the time, the motor does not stop when you stop pedaling.
Yes and even a freehub slow to release can extend the normal slight overrun of the motor.........and a good first sign it needs some TLC.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
5 broken motors . Ur doing it wrong . Have u dated a witch in the last 5 years ? Maybe there's a curse on you. You need to break the curse by having sex with something better than the witch .
....and all apparently with the same fault!! You dont have to be Sherlock Holmes to suspect an external cause.

wrayb

May 9, 2019
North Carolina
It would be unlikely this happened 4 times...but...check the locking ring on the spider. Sometimes it will backoff and lock the crank arm to the spider and cause what you are describing.

Konanige

Feb 29, 2020
Mendips
It would be unlikely this happened 4 times...but...check the locking ring on the spider. Sometimes it will backoff and lock the crank arm to the spider and cause what you are describing.
Unlikely as that would just make it the same as a clockwork bike! I would suspect a freehub issue, symptoms exactly the same ask your LBS to let you borrow a wheel for a ride or two and see if that cures it. Just cos its electric doesn't mean it can't be a clockwork issue??

LevoBiker

Feb 11, 2023
NJ
Had the bike for a few weeks. I thought I had the Over Running problem because the cassette wasn't freewheeling and the pedals were turning by themselves, BUT I since I wasn't getting assist, I figured maybe there was something else going on with the motor. Turns out that my LBS left the spoke guard on the rear wheel from the factory (you know, that plastic ring to save your spokes if the chain goes over the top gear). I've been meaning to cut it off but just never did. Well, it somehow got jammed into the cassette so when the wheel turned the cassette turned and the pedals turned and at first bummed me out. When I read about the thread above and perhaps a bearing or pawl, I immediately saw my issue and cut the darn thing off. Really, a plastic spoke guard on a Levo!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles