Levo dealer diagnostic help.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Maastricht, I got my Kenevo 2020 yesterday and am interested in what you report about getting an pre-2019 Levo/kenevo battery connecting it and the changing the wheel circumference via BLEVO. I have got a pdf for another Emtb thread and it says u need first to unscrew the TCU unit, disconnect the cables which go to the motor, then connect the pre-2019 Levo/kenevo battery, then connect with BLEVO and you can change the wheel circumference even below 2000. Disconnect old battery, remount power cables to TCU, connect original 2019/2020 battery and then the wheel size supposedly is whatever u put in into BLEVO. MY QUESTION: Has anyone tried this???

Yes, you are right... I was on holidays and typing previous message on my cell phone and thought to quickly help @Swissrider but my memory forgot the step to disconnect (before you connect the old battery) and reconnect the TCU (after you changed the wheel circumference with the old battery and disconnected the old battery).

This procedure is only helpful in case of a Levo 2019/2020 or Kenevo 2020 in case you like to set the wheel circumference to the minimum value of 2000 which is accepted by the TCU and Specialized. (will not void warranty) Your LBS can do this too for you via the official Specialized dealer portal. However if your dealer is not willing to do this or you live far away from your dealer you could consider these steps to change the value but you need to know someone who has an old battery. Again setting a value under 2000 will not work as the TCU will not accept it!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
and what interests me, where does the Levo/kenevo store the setting TCU? Batter? Motor? How does the trick with an pre-2019 battery work. does the MC think this is an old pre 2019 Levo just because a pre 2019 battery is connected to it?

The wheel circumference setting is stored in the motor. For changing the wheel circumference you will need the old MC version:
Specialized Mission Control Apk Download
or use BLEvo for example...

Old MC can not connect to the Levo 2019 TCU so after connecting the TCU again you will need the new MC version.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles