Levo - charge port door pops open on BB hits.

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
Had this a few times - anyone else?

I'm guessing it wouldn't be great news in the wet.

May put some gaffer tape around the door for wet seal and in case that helps.

Superk

Jul 8, 2018
Manlius NY
Charge/Power connector is very vulnerable to damage on BB strikes. Here is mine after 127 miles. 50/50 chance it will power up after removing plug. Not a good location for such a critical component. It is now not very reliable and vulnerable to moisture since the seal is damaged. I cant find an after market skid plate that will fit the 2019/20 design. Il make one out of HDPE and post a pic. Until them Il be requesting parts from Spec to fix there design flaw. Also I would not recommend anyone riding there LEVO without taping the power connector to the motor. Kind of sad such a bearuiful bike needs duct tape to keep it running.

Levo Power Connector Volnerable to damage.jpg

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
Not from bb hits but it’s happened with rocks flicked off the front wheel, that have also hit my shins, they just open the motor connector up enough to stop working

miPbiP

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Surrey Hills.
This will cure that problem (at a price)

View attachment 32295

yeah, shame it's so ugly.

But I tried the one that's a press fit without the straps, broke it within a couple of rides. I can't remember the brand, it was one of those small UK firms making custom mudguards etc. I've no beef, I gave it several good whacks well beyond it's design envelope I'm sure.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles