Levo Carbon Expert Seat Post Too High

kramerica

Aug 18, 2018
IL
Hey all, just got my first EMTB, a 2018 Specialized Carbon Expert.
I’m 5’ 7”, so I got the medium size, and apparently the seat post is about 1.5” too high.
It’s at the lowest point possible, and it’s still not enough. It’s too high for descents and drops at the lowest point and too high for pedaling at the highest point (I have to completely straighten my leg to complete a stroke).
Did anybody encounter that problem?
Any solution for that?

Thanks a lot!

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
I have a similar thing on my Kenevo. I'm 5'8" and opted for a medium.

I wouldn't say that it's too high for descents at it's lowest point; I can get around the back of the bike when it's fully down. When it's completely up, it's just slightly higher than optimum for full pedalling efficiency.

I sometimes let it up all the way and whilst pedalling, take it down one 'notch' from fully entended in order to maximise efficiency. It's not ideal, but not difficult either, due to the defined multi-level 'stops' on the post.

I just decided that this option was better than getting a large bike and not being able to 'work' around the bike as speedily, but if there is a solution that was low cost, I''d be keen to hear it.

Steve L

Aug 16, 2018
Nelson New Zealand
I had a similar issue on my wife's bike and went with a one up components 150mm travel dropper
It has one of the smaller collars one the market so you can get it right down in the frame and you can then fine tune the travel from 150mm down as low as 100mm using a spacer so for riders with shorter legs this lets you get the perfect seat height for climbing and maximum drop

Note the post isn't supplied with the spacers to adjust travel you need to buy the seperately

DROPPER POST

kramerica

Aug 18, 2018
IL
Thanks @Steve L
Seems like it’s the perfect solution.
Did you fit it in a Levo?
Could you estimate how much lower was it than the stock dropper in the lowest position?
Would it work with the stock lever, or would I need to install a new one?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles