Levo 2020 snapped shock bolt!

Zakb

Sep 18, 2022
Sheffield
Hi everyone, so basically I was on a ride a few weeks ago and noticed the upper rear shock bolt was loose and snapped inside the frame. I took it to the closest specialized service centre as I'm from Sheffield and they damaged the thread trying to drill the bolt out.

They then drilled it out to a M8 and fit a motor bolt there all without consulting me first and it looked horrible protruding about half an inch from the frame.

I payed them £40 and took the bike home, it then came off 5 mins after riding again so I called them and took it back to the service centre. 2 days later they called to say it was fixed, I picked it up again and it still didn't work so I had to take it back for a third time.

It's now currently in the service centre and I have told them I am not happy with the bodge they did especially without speaking to me first.
I expected them to have got the bolt out and repair it but that didn't happen, I said I want it to look professional again.

I don't have warranty because I got the bike second hand, it is deristricted and it was made in August 2020.

They just called me and said it was only about 3 threads deep which is why it kept coming out, they said it Is now fixed and should be fine.

What do you guys think I should do? Do you think I should expect better and a new frame or just take my bike back and hope it works now?

Any advice is much appreciated thanks guys.

20220812_171958.jpg

20220802_202802.jpg

20220802_202859.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles