Lapierre owners how is the after sales service also bike quality and reliabity

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
The Lapierre overvault shimano is one of my top contenders for a ebike and I wanted to know what the after sales service is like.
also do you find the weight much of a problem, I have ridden the pivot shuttle and that was fine but it was 8lb lighter than the overvault, so i am a little concerned.

Just edited the title so you guys can give me info on the quality of your bike and its reliability, as these are all important to making a good purchasing decision.

Last edited:

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
Aha, I just came across your thread @Kangr :)

Weight wise I've only noticed it as a pain when I've had to lift mine over a gate. I never notice it when riding, but I don't go hard and fast to the limit in bike parks etc.

I haven't needed any after sales service at all yet. When I get it serviced I'll just take it to my LBS, who do my other bike. They said they service other Shimano powered bikes so it should be fine.

Kangr

Patreon
Sep 14, 2018
Stoke on Trent
Yes shimano are good to deal with. if there's a problem with a shimno part like a battery my local shop just deals with there uk distributor direct. no problems, they even sent out a replacement battery before the faulty one was returned.

100 Cols

Mar 9, 2018
Côte d'Azur, France
I rode my first Overvolt (527i) about 1000 km last March&April. The only time I needed after sales support was the repair estimation for insurance - it was damaged beyond repair (a traffic accident).

Got the money from insurance on September and bought a 827i (Di2). Been able to ride about 2500 km since then, smooth and risk free recovery riding. I don't do DH or ride in other purpose built playgrounds.

Have not needed any real after sales support. Bought a second battery though and the dealer gave one from their stock bikes, so I got it without any delay, top service.

Only real issue I've had was with battery rattling symptom (a thread here), which was solved by myself with "furniture felt pad". The paint seems to be somewhat prone to chipping, yet the paths and fire roads around here are covered by flying rocks and pieces of limestone.

Also, I've twisted the derailleur hanger twice (been able to straighten it, so it's not been replaced yet), but of course, that's not the fault of the bike. Currently I'm using 38T chainring with either 11-42 or 11-46 cassette.

As a summary, my evaluation reliability wise is highly positive, so far. In addition, it's one of the best looking full suspension emonkeys existing and the rattlesnake battery is comfortable to carry in the backpack and quick to swap.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles