Know e-bikes!

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Ok, quick story time. So, I have been riding mountain bikes with one of my friends for about 15 years now. This guy refuses to try any new MTB technologies. He owns about 8 different expensive mountain bikes, all with 26" wheels and hates on every new advancement in the mountain biking world; dropper posts, 27.5 rims, fat tires, 1x11 or 1x12 etc. He gave me endless criticism after i bought a fat bike for winter riding a few years back.

Well he really went ballistic when I bought an e-bike, ha ha. He always says "NO E-BIKES!!!" when I bring my Kenevo for a ride, to which I respond "I do know them, in fact I know them very well, and they are awesome!"

Anyway, I made a riding shirt that says "Know e-bikes!" and I wear this shirt every time I ride with him. First thing I do when we meet up for a ride is yell "Know E-bikes!" and point at the shirt. I also say it when I effortlessly pass him up a steep incline. Pretty silly, but I have to get him back for all the fat bike mockery.

CEE6FA9D-C6B4-4B45-A7DF-D3840021BD03.jpeg

1EF2A5DC-0D4D-419C-A084-6521F7F4E1CA.jpeg

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
Thats hilarious and very cool shirt(y)
So you cant tempt him to try an ebike?
I have tried to get him on one, but he just won't do it. It's crazy! He already rides a road bike, a street motorcycle, and we both have the same Honda motocross bike, so it's not like he just wants to ride pedal bicycles. He will figure out what he is missing out on someday and then ask me why I didn't get him on an e-bike sooner...

Donnie797

Jul 2, 2018
Germany, southern Black Forest
I have tried to get him on one, but he just won't do it. It's crazy! He already rides a road bike, a street motorcycle, and we both have the same Honda motocross bike, so it's not like he just wants to ride pedal bicycles. He will figure out what he is missing out on someday and then ask me why I didn't get him on an e-bike sooner...

Well you can’t force them into happiness ^^ He probably knows that if he rides it once he might like it but since he‘s the „no ebikes!“ guy, he has a problem with that ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles