Rail (625Wh) Kiox retro fit top tube mount

Coatezy

Nov 8, 2022
South West, UK
I have a Rail 5 on order from Trek Bristol and I have also just received a retrofit kit. Trek Bristol kindly offered to fit the kit before I collect. I’ve noticed there is a Rail specific top tube mount, would I need a controller with a longer wire to use this mount? I spotted in another thread that someone did in fact fit a controller with a longer wire but I’ve not been able to find the part. Is this part necessary and if it is, does anyone know the part number?

Coatezy

Nov 8, 2022
South West, UK
No
just get the kiox fitted and there should be plenty of wire spare .
Thanks - that’s good know. Was worried based on a couple comments on here and suggestions elsewhere to move the controllers away from the lever to gain some slack that I’d need to invest in a new one.

Fat Rat

May 7, 2020
UK
Thanks - that’s good know. Was worried based on a couple comments on here and suggestions elsewhere to move the controllers away from the lever to gain some slack that I’d need to invest in a new one.
Your welcome
I had no issues with mine at all , it all went on perfect.

irie

Subscriber
May 2, 2022
West Sussex, UK
Your welcome
I had no issues with mine at all , it all went on perfect.
My Kiox Retrofit display is to the side of the stem to make it less likely to get zapped when I stack the bike. Installed by the LBS using the cables in the kit plus a Cube Acid Kiox Bracket from eBay.

20221121_125203~2.jpg

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
This is the bracket I’m hoping to use by the way. Trek Knock Block Mount for Bosch Kiox Display | Trek Bikes (GB)
That’s what I used also.
56B21892-C749-4E68-9426-165E6F6876B1.jpeg
However there is a small part needed (small triangle shape) which aligns the new holder and retains the knockblock. On the new holder there are two alignment buttons which fit into the new triangle part and prevents the holder from spinning or misalignment.

I avoided this small part by carefully drilling two holes into the existing knockblock retainer. I would not shave off the buttons as these prevent the Kiox holder from spinning or misalignment. I tried to order the small triangle part but that would take months to come in. The modification suggested came from the LBS.
It worked.
As you can see in the pic I also attached a short tether to prevent an accidental loss of the Kiox. The Kiox is magnetically attached to the holder.