Kiox fitment.

casian

Feb 10, 2021
Bristol
Hi. First post on the forum. About to take delivery of an E150rs. Has anybody fitted a Kiosk and had any problems? I'm a bit worried about the cable management along the downtube.

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
I've fitted a Kiox to an e-160s. Connecting to the motor is the easy bit, the hardest is getting the old and new connectors through the downtube grommet. I've typed up a guide, I'll send it to you or put it on here.

casian

Feb 10, 2021
Bristol
I've fitted a Kiox to an e-160s. Connecting to the motor is the easy bit, the hardest is getting the old and new connectors through the downtube grommet. I've typed up a guide, I'll send it to you or put it on here.
Thanks for your help.

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
@casian let me know if you can read this okay, if not message me your email address and I'll send it to you.

Screenshot_20210212-113130_Dropbox.jpg

casian

Feb 10, 2021
Bristol
Many thanks Wilko. Yes I can read it. This will be really helpful. I see what you mean about the grommets. The bike turned up about an hour ago. Said to the wife ' I must wipe it all over with anti bacterial wipes!!
One thing I noticed was that the frame appears to have some type of invisishield on it, was yours the same?

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
Many thanks Wilko. Yes I can read it. This will be really helpful. I see what you mean about the grommets. The bike turned up about an hour ago. Said to the wife ' I must wipe it all over with anti bacterial wipes!!
One thing I noticed was that the frame appears to have some type of invisishield on it, was yours the same?
If you can feel ridges and it's in parts then it looks like it has had Invisframe (or similar) installed which is not standard and either your lbs has given it to you as part of the package or give paid extra for it (about £80 to buy as a kit and £120 ish fully installed).

casian

Feb 10, 2021
Bristol
If you can feel ridges and it's in parts then it looks like it has had Invisframe (or similar) installed which is not standard and either your lbs has given it to you as part of the package or give paid extra for it (about £80 to buy as a kit and £120 ish fully installed).
Yes definitely a clear film and very well done.

20210212_184033.jpg

20210212_184133.jpg

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
In case anyone is interested in this, I’ve bought a grommet stretcher for doing this upgrade, I found it on eBay and the seller has some more, I made an offer and it was accepted, it was £20 but I think it’ll make life easier for getting the plug through the grommet without causing damage to either the plug or the grommet, that reminds me I need to order a new grommet from Whyte’s, Happy New Year everyone

Wilko58

Nov 24, 2020
Chorley
I didn't have to move the motor at all, although I think you may have to for the later models.

I only moved the left cover out of the way then used the old (Purion) connector to pull through a bit of string then let the string hang through the battery hole.
Once you've got the new cable through the grommet and fed it down the frame tube your the string to the connector then jiggle the wire about while pulling gently on the string and it should find its way between the frame and motor without lowering the motor.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I didn't have to move the motor at all, although I think you may have to for the later models.

I only moved the left cover out of the way then used the old (Purion) connector to pull through a bit of string then let the string hang through the battery hole.
Once you've got the new cable through the grommet and fed it down the frame tube your the string to the connector then jiggle the wire about while pulling gently on the string and it should find its way between the frame and motor without lowering the motor.
Thanks Wilko58

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I finally got round to fitting my Kiox upgrade yesterday but I couldn’t get the plug back through the same hole the original one came through, I used my shifter cable guide with a little bit of tape but it wouldn’t go back through, I think it must have been fitted before the motor was fitted or the battery cable were fitted, I wasn’t going to be beaten, anyway all I did was follow the same route as the brake hose, simples, I’m looking forward to getting out for a ride to see how much better it is compared to the Purion display.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Another thing I discovered was that the plug/socket from the battery connector block had started to get a small build up of verdigris on one of the terminals, I cleaned it up and put some dielectric grease in the terminal, it seems to be working fine, I’m posting this for anyone who may be having intermittent issues with their bikes, I’m not saying that this would be the reason but I’m posting it anyway as I’m not an expert in this field, you get what I mean 😁

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I think I’ve got to drop the motor on my 150RS, no way can I pull the plug end through the motor and frame space I’ve had a new motor fitted recently by the supplying LBS, maybe the main power cable is taking up too much space but I can’t move anything to get the plug past 😞

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I think I’ve got to drop the motor on my 150RS, no way can I pull the plug end through the motor and frame space I’ve had a new motor fitted recently by the supplying LBS, maybe the main power cable is taking up too much space but I can’t move anything to get the plug past 😞
I also had that problem so I routed the cable over the motor following the brake hose 😉

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Does anyone have photos of their Kiox fitted? Interested to see how it looks and where people have put them.

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks for that @EMTBSEAN.
I rerouted the gear cable through drive side of the motor, may have room there also……..love this forum for this kind of stuff.
Thanks for reply and stay vertical 🤟
Your welcome @The EMF, I totally agree with you about this forum, so many people willing to help 🙏
I hope to be vertical when I’ve had my back ablation procedure done next Monday, I’ve fitted so many new parts on my bike recently and not been able to ride and test them ☹️

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Well take it canny when you do get your first ride out mind, don’t go doing owt daft with a mad rush of blood 😆
When are you hoping to on the bike again ?

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I can tell your from the north east with your dialect lol, I love that area, very picturesque, I digress 🤣 I’m like a coiled spring mate, my procedure is next Monday unless it gets cancelled like last time, I’ll have to rest for at least four days but after that it’s wham bam thank you ma’am 😁 I suppose I’ll have to do a local ride to start with, nothing too strenuous plus I’ve lost all my fitness and I’ve put on a ton of weight with the side effects of all the pain killers I’ve been on, it’ll be back to the gym for me and a long road back to normal, it took me almost two years to loose over six and a half stone and five months to put three back on 😢

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I never thought I’d put so much weight back on especially after the effort it took to loose, thanks buddy I appreciate your well wishes 🙏

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
Does anyone have photos of their Kiox fitted? Interested to see how it looks and where people have put them.

RJUK

Sep 29, 2021
UK
Thanks.
View attachment 113907 removed my stem mount and fitted a ktm mount
Do you prefer it there to the stem? I thought I'd prefer it there, but now I'm not so sure.

There seem to be some top tube options, but the one I've just seen looks like a badly 3d printed part.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles