Kiox/cable issue need help

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
Hi guys,
Has anyone had this happen to there kiox?
I charged my battery after a ride a few days ago then when I went for a ride yesterday the kiox will power on but if I select any mode it will simply turn off and shows a blank under the battery bar.
The battery is charged to 100%
I also cleaned all contacts and have also connected via the Bosch app to check for updates. I also inspected external cable and all appears fine.
The last ride was normal, no crashes and just a light wash afterwards and stored in my apartment.
Any advice appreciated, thanks!

20210214_124939.jpg

Landy Andy

Feb 8, 2021
Herts
Not sure if this will help

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
Looks like the kiox isn't recognising the motor/battery. Could just be the wiring but take it to a Bosch service centre to run diagnostics.

I've had the same issues and local BSC think the motors dead...
Thanks, I have been in contact with my local Bosch rep, I did a reset on the kiox and now it's plugged into a phone charger, as the battery level indicator is working when I took it off the bike..... ?

20210215_135918.jpg

Slapbassmunky

Aug 1, 2020
Isle of wight
I had this EXACT thing on Sunday. It's down to -1 degrees C in the UK at the moment, and I'd left the bike outside for a few hours before riding. So I snapped the kiox in place turned on and started riding. Shortly after i realised i wasn't getting any power and my display looked like yours with the exact same symptoms. All I did was remove the display (whilst still riding), snap it back into place, and turn back on, everything worked as it should after this for the rest of the ride.

It's a bit worrying that you could potentially be miles from home and need to reset/charge the display...

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
I had this EXACT thing on Sunday. It's down to -1 degrees C in the UK at the moment, and I'd left the bike outside for a few hours before riding. So I snapped the kiox in place turned on and started riding. Shortly after i realised i wasn't getting any power and my display looked like yours with the exact same symptoms. All I did was remove the display (whilst still riding), snap it back into place, and turn back on, everything worked as it should after this for the rest of the ride.

It's a bit worrying that you could potentially be miles from home and need to reset/charge the display...
Thanks slap, I will give this a try later today after work.

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
Thanks slap, I will give this a try later today after work.
Well no luck, I tried the above action but still no power, I was able to cycle through the modes but no assistance kicked in, and the battery level still had no charge state just two dashes.

Jubby

Aug 23, 2020
Langley, BC
Bad news good news.
Well after the Bosch rep here ran all new cables and a new kiox to diagnose as well as checking for error codes-which came up blank, he came to the conclusion that the motor is not responding. Good news is he has plenty of stock of new motors and told me I would be riding again in 3 or 4 days.

Flaherst

Jan 17, 2021
Hardgate
Exact same issue has just happened to my Radon Render, fortunately i was only a few miles from home. Tried everything to reset or get the unit working, but no joy. Finally managed to book into one of my local shops, next week. Cant believe how busy Bike shops are right now, some of the local shops told me the first appointment was the end of June!
Screenshot 2021-06-05 at 18.12.27.png

Mondraker crafty

Apr 21, 2024
Norway
Hi folks, I now have the same problem and done everything in my Power to solve this issue😅

Kiox does not make contact with motor/battery (Bosch cx gen4 / 625wh). Does not show % battery in display. Main battery and kiox is fully charged. When I connect the charger in the frame, only -% is displayed and the charger clicks 3-4 times. Done factory resets, and update to newest Firmware. Engine traveled 1300km and hopefully within warranty. Has anyone had a similar experience/problem newly and might have a solution unless send ut to the dealer for motoreplacement?
Kind regards, Carsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles