Kick Stand on a Full Suspension

tomato paste

Mar 18, 2019
Germany
Not an April Fool's joke.

I'd like to get the wife a FS bike, but, as it will be towing a Thule Chariot, she would like a kickstand. We want our cake and to eat it too.

The bike will likely be a Neuron:On 5.0 2019.

My question is, are there any Bike Shop/mechanically oriented folks who can say from experience, it's possible to get a kickstand onto this bike...?

I'm hoping we can add an adapter to the rear axle that has screw holes (so to speak) where a kickstand can be attached. Something like this.... for FS.

1585842142192.png

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Not an April Fool's joke.

I'd like to get the wife a FS bike, but, as it will be towing a Thule Chariot, she would like a kickstand. We want our cake and to eat it too.

The bike will likely be a Neuron:On 5.0 2019.

My question is, are there any Bike Shop/mechanically oriented folks who can say from experience, it's possible to get a kickstand onto this bike...?

I'm hoping we can add an adapter to the rear axle that has screw holes (so to speak) where a kickstand can be attached. Something like this.... for FS.

My wife's Focus Thron² EQP came with kickstand, mudguards, panier rack and lights as standard.

66348_fo5010011v2020_2020_29_di_090_pro_slategrey_thron2-6-7-eqp.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
IMO a kick stand on any bike used off road or on rough terrain should be rear facing when not in use (like on the Focus) to avoid catching on anything, could lead to a nasty off if using a forward facing one and it catches on something.

RayD8r

Jun 12, 2023
Denver, CO.
"a kick stand on any bike used off road or on rough terrain should be rear facing when not in use"

I've not seen one that goes any other way.

RayD8r

Jun 12, 2023
Denver, CO.
1686704252637.png

I like this idea. I have an old Iron Horse Maverick 4.5 which doesn't have an attachment point and the rear dropout point won't work because it's a QR axle which I don't want to change and the lower set of frame bars that go between the dropouts and the bottom bracket tube are too high off the ground for any that I've seen available anywhere. How does this one stow while riding? Does it tuck up against the inside surface of the crank arm?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles