Kenevo Gen1 Kenevo trail riding ?

Sinkrate

Jan 27, 2020
Uk
not much info on the Kenevo in general more on the SL online.

Anyone running the full fat version and can comment on the overall spec for both trail and dh use ?

Thinking of picking one up in the sale. Ride a few trail centres but a lot out and about in the riding general trails in the hills.

Cheers :)

richysgc

Nov 9, 2020
Sunderland
Ive been riding one for 2 years, doing a mixture of bike parks, trail centres and days out riding mountains in the lakes district and i can honestly say ive had no issues. Sometimes on some trails its feels abit big when doing tight corners but point the thing down a hill and its just amazing.
I have no regrets thats for sure.

Sinkrate

Jan 27, 2020
Uk
Thanks mate :) do you feel it’s over spec’d at all with the travel?
Sounds good, and the type of riding I would be doing

richysgc

Nov 9, 2020
Sunderland
Thanks mate :) do you feel it’s over spec’d at all with the travel?
Sounds good, and the type of riding I would be doing
Nah mate not at all, i believe you just get used to what you've got.

I have the expert model but originally ordered the comp model but this was during the first year of covid so the order got cancelled by the shop and they offered me the expert instead, which has worked out well for me.

I’ve not done any modifications to the bike yet, i will be changing the brakes in near future but apart from that its all standard parts.

Sinkrate

Jan 27, 2020
Uk
great, cheers mate. Sounds like it will be a good all rounder.
Was a bit scared it would be too much for an all out mountain day

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
I've had mine for over a year. I bought the Kenevo comp, but pretty much everything has been replaced on it. I've run it 27.5, then Mullet and now for 29er mode. For me both the mullet and 29er felt better then 27.5" mode. This bike climbs as good as any ebike, but kills any DH trails in its path. Coil rear and coil Fox 38 up front.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I’ve had the comp for 3.5 years , gone hope 29 f&r
zeb/super deluxe select+
Renthal bar n stem
Gx drive
Left the code r brakes as ok fo me.
Best bike I’ve ridden and fun wherever I ride !

Jason M.

May 19, 2022
RCHO STA MARG
I have a Kenevo Expert ( custom ) I ride green, blue and black trails and for me the bike in dual or single crown format is a joy to ride. It will probably be hard for me to replace this bike if I were to get one because this bike checks all the boxes. Now if there is a New model full fat Kenevo I might reconsider but for now I am a happy camper :) Oh by the way my bike spec is Fox 40 ( 203 travel) and a DHx2 230x65 rear.

guile80386

Jan 23, 2022
PT
Same here, riding a 2022 Kenevo Expert stock and coming from a 2022 Giant Reign E+ (mullet, 160mm) and a 2021 Giant Stance E+ (full 29er, 120mm) before that. Despite being longer (S4 vs L) and despite the dual crown fork, the Kenevo somehow feels easier to handle on tight switchbacks - might be because the dual crown fork and the 27,5" at the front make it so much more rigid and, thus, precise and easier to muscle on the right path.

It feels waaay plusher and more planted than the other bikes going down and it also has the advantage climbing steep, loose and technical stuff due to its precision and how it makes it easier to place the wheels where the traction is. I'm not seeing any other bike to replace it (no need to yet, so all good).

Sinkrate

Jan 27, 2020
Uk
Thanks all, just the info I was after 👍👍
Looks like I’ll be putting the order in tomorrow

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
I got an expert, took off the boxxer(converted it to 200mm ) and mounted a Domain 180mm 29er fork and the bike is a rock crawling beast. I run the 27.5 wheels but the 29er fork gets the bb up enough with the “flip chip” in high to avoid rock strikes. Good luck.

IMG_2415.jpeg IMG_2414.jpeg IMG_2410.jpeg

Sinkrate

Jan 27, 2020
Uk
Looks a nice setup, should be picking it up in a few weeks. Will ride it stock for a while before deciding on any swapping out anything

mustclime

Apr 19, 2023
New Jerzy
Tons of traction, tons of rolling resistance and tons of weight. It’s a ebike, all that matters is is traction and that they do not flat. They are dh casings and they seem to be bulletproof. So far, so good.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles