Kenevo SL Kenevo SL Comp won’t turn on or charge (Intermittent)

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
Hello all,

Hoping someone may have some knowledge on this. Intermittently after riding the bike, I go to charge the next day and the green light stays on on the charger. Disconnect it and the bike will not turn on. Nothing in mission control diagnostics. If I disconnect the TCU then reconnect it charges and turns on.
It is going into the LBS (Specialized shop) for the 3rd time on Monday. So far they thought software, then damp. I live and ride UK so the bike gets wet. I do wash it carefully.
Anyone had similar issues? If yes what was the fix, hoping to get it sorted. LBS have been good. But have a tripaway coming up and sadly don’t trust the bike isn’t going to break at the moment.
Thanks for any advice

Jim1954

Feb 15, 2023
Chetwyd
I came home yesterday from a ride on my Levo Alloy 2022. It is dry here so no water and I did not wash it. Went to plug it in and nothing. Closed it up and tried turning it on. Nothing. Phoned the shop. They are supposed to be contacting Specialized but nothing. When I first got the bike, the plug that you remove to charge it had to be replaced. Then the remote control and to be replaced and now another issue. Upsetting.

Jase

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2022
UK
I have had this also on my KSL, uk rider so yes it gets wet. After 3 or 4 visits to the bike shop they put a new wiring harness in. They don’t do well with wet. Be super careful when washing. If you wash it in a bike stand I also suspect having the front angled down is bad looking at the cables under the rear shock.
I just can’t believe how bad e-bikes seem to be waterproofed given their intended purpose. If it does happen I find disconnecting the TCU and reconnecting booted it up.
Thank goodness for the warranty

Pinny

Subscriber
May 12, 2023
UK
I have had the same issue with my Levo SL. Started off intermittent then wouldn't come on at all. Took it to local specialized dealer and its had new wiring harness, which fixed the issue for 2 rides then the same again. New TCU which did nothing and I am now waiting on a new battery. Just the motor to go and they would be as well giving me a new bike...wishful thinking. Not great for a bike thats only 4 months old and i havent been able to use for 5 weeks!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles