Kenevo frame sizing

Michael

Oct 30, 2018
Pocola, Oklahoma
Hey everybody. I’m a newbie here, but there’s nothing new about me. I started riding motorcycle in 1968 and racing motocross in 1970. Raced expert/semipro (tried at the national level but wasn’t that fast) until 1985 when a badly broken leg brought me to a halt. Doctor said I could never run again, but cycling would be great. I rode mountain and road bike until 2001, when I started racing motorcycles again (hare scrambles and enduros). I won the state championships in both Arkansas and Oklahoma in the over 50 class.

Now at 64 I’ve discovered e-mountain bikes. I haven’t been on the motorcycle since. The ebike is just as much fun and way safer. I love it, can’t get enough of it. I’m trying to get the local hare scramble promoter to add e-mountain bikes to his events.

I have a question: My Levo is a large (I’m 5’11’). I’m going to get a new Kenevo and I’m wondering if I should get a medium due to it having longer suspension travel? Is the top frame tube taller with longer travel?

Thanks
And thank God for e-mountain bikes!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1275

Hi Michael.

Welcome to emtb!

What I will say is try and ride as many Kenevo sizes as you can (preferably off road). I’m 6’ 2’ and while I didnt buy the 2019 Kenevo in the end I would have gone for XL. I would have thought based on that. Large would be good for you but like I said, test ride test ride test ride! Have fun! ?

Superlukey

Aug 25, 2018
Hertfordshire
Hi Michael. I'm 6'1 and went for a large. Its spot on and I've owned quite a few Enduro's in the past and I'd say the sizing is pretty comparable and feels similar. If you can test ride obviously that would be ideal otherwise I'd recommended sticking with a large if thats what has worked for you before. Oh and they are fantastic bikes. You won't regret it :) Best bike I've owned by far.

Cal

Nov 1, 2018
Edinburgh
Hi Michael, I'm 6'1.5" and just looking at getting either an L or XL 2019 Levo. The large feels fine and seat tube is spot on but I think I'll prefer the longer reach of the XL. I rode a Stumpjumper with larger reach which gave me these thoughts and I'm riding the Levo XL Sunday so will let you know. I compared the L-XL sizes of Levo, Kenevo and Stumpjumper in a spreadsheet which might help as attached. Unfortunately there's no chance to ride them on the trails, only on the streets around the bike shop so it's a hard one to figure out. It seems a lot of people are saying they prefer larger rather than smaller also on youtube and websites etc.

2019 Specialized L - XL Comparison.PNG

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 1275

Yep, Im 6’2” (almost) and would have gone with XL so fully agree with you but everyone’s body proportions are a bit different of course so as many size test rides as poss are a good thing. ?

Odge

Nov 4, 2018
Bristol UK
I’m 5’10 and ride a medium kenevo. Not a fan of big bikes for dh as they need to move a lot under you. Can’t beat the bike though, absolutely awesome bike, feels as stable as my demo 8?

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK
I’m 5’11” Michael and I went for the Medium! I took it out for a ride and almost immediately realised it was just a bit too small ? Luckily, the dealer was awesome and I was able to swap it for a Large and it is perfect! So I think you have made the right choice ? Cheers, Dave.

Odge

Nov 4, 2018
Bristol UK
I’m 5’11” Michael and I went for the Medium! I took it out for a ride and almost immediately realised it was just a bit too small ? Luckily, the dealer was awesome and I was able to swap it for a Large and it is perfect! So I think you have made the right choice ? Cheers, Dave.
Although I’m on a medium, the bikes do feel small due to how slack they are for dh. So I probably am on the top end of the height scale for a medium.

Dwazzer

Oct 10, 2018
Cumbria UK
Although I’m on a medium, the bikes do feel small due to how slack they are for dh. So I probably am on the top end of the height scale for a medium.
Tbh Odge, I was unsure at first as the medium was so close to being perfect, it rode really well...BUT it just felt a little cramped in the reach for my shape and riding style! I am about 95kg all up with riding kit etc, so not a lightweight and the large just seemed to fit me better ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
DH bikes are typically shorter in reach than Enduro/trail bikes. Having so much travel, a rear coil shock and very heavy overall weight I actually see the Kenevo as a DH bike that can be ridden uphill to descents rather than a trail or enduro bike. It's a real shame there isn't an angleset available for them as a 63deg Kenevo would be awesome for pure DH.
Sizing is very personal and which size you prefer riding will depend as much on how you ride a bike as it will your height/size.

Michael

Oct 30, 2018
Pocola, Oklahoma
OK, got my new Kenevo—size large—fits perfectly. Thanks for everyone advice. After riding around the house and making some adjustments and seating in the brakes, I took it on some rocky trails. Absolutely superb.
It’s noticeably smoother than my Levo, and with the suspension stiffened a bit, just as “lively”. And those Butcher Grids; excellent grip in the mud.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles