Kenevo and magic marys

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Just to let you know that the tyre will expand up to 4mm over use, so might be worth another measure after a ride. Looks like the 2 halfs of the tyre are out of alignment.
I will check after a ride and report back.
Yes, you are right they are slightly out of alignment. I noticed this too. @Topov tyre is the same if you look at the photo with his tyre in the box it came in.

JayK

Aug 3, 2018
Belgium
Eddy current rear looks great to go with a front Magic Mary.

MM on the rear looks a bit overkill, I don't need that much grip. What do you think could complement a front MM (Schwalbe only, I don't like to mix brands) ?

I was thinking Hans dampf, maybe.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Eddy current rear looks great to go with a front Magic Mary.

MM on the rear looks a bit overkill, I don't need that much grip. What do you think could complement a front MM (Schwalbe only, I don't like to mix brands) ?

I was thinking Hans dampf, maybe.
A good combo, front MM and rear EC. I will change when I get the Eddy Current rear tire 2.6

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Never seen a EC, looks like a MX rear. I like it, only if it came in a 2.6.

jcmonty

Sep 5, 2018
California
Has anyone measured the change in bottom bracket height on the kenevo using stock wheelset and 2.8 butchers vs. Stock wheelset and 2.6 MMs? Thinking of trying 2.6s on my kenevo for a bit more precision.

Also interested in the new Hans Damph 2.6 in the rear, as I am in mostly dry, loose of Southern california, and have traditionally liked that type of profile on the rear.

Studo

Aug 25, 2018
Bristol
Has anyone measured the change in bottom bracket height on the kenevo using stock wheelset and 2.8 butchers vs. Stock wheelset and 2.6 MMs? Thinking of trying 2.6s on my kenevo for a bit more precision.

Also interested in the new Hans Damph 2.6 in the rear, as I am in mostly dry, loose of Southern california, and have traditionally liked that type of profile on the rear.
I have just switched to 2.6 MMs from the 2.8 butchers. I have noticed more pedal strikes since changing so have just purchased some 152 miranda cranks which should sort the issue. The difference in grip though is night and day so definately worth doing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles