Kenevo 2019- broken shifter and spoke

Churchill

Jul 15, 2018
Idaho
The only equipment failure I have had is the cassette broke off the wheel axle. Trying to get replacement parts now.

7E7DAE3C-2562-4E04-91E2-CC4E3319FB51.jpeg

68FCBA70-3B81-4DE0-84BF-1FE1737CD245.jpeg

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Wow how did that happen? Has the end sheared of the axle?

Surge

Aug 20, 2018
Toronto
The shifter is a normal MTB shifter, nowt different about it, so if the Ken is to blame it's because it landed funny and it's a fat bugger.
Don't know about the wheels. They'll be machine built, mass produced and as cheap as the bean counters can get away with. It could have been bad luck, the weight of the bike or a mix of both.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it is not a normal SRAM shifter, but a Specialized replacement that only allows 1 gear change at a time -- except for the S Works model, which has the SRAM XX1 shifter.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
That's correct, the internals are altered to only allow 1 shift at a time, that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be any stronger.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Dax

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
The Expert Levo has X1 shifters that also allow multiple shifts in one stroke.

For what it’s worth, I’ve crashed many many times on these bikes. In 8 months I’ve replaced:

- 1 chain
- 1 set of brake pads
- 1 bent crank arm pedal thread after a big pedal strike

@Evo Wan Kenevo i believe that’s it’s a case of bad luck unfortunately...Great that your LBS are replacing for free, top service ?

Get the replacements fitted and ride on ?

Evo Wan Kenevo

Jul 29, 2018
North Manchester
@Evo Wan Kenevo i believe that’s it’s a case of bad luck unfortunately...Great that your LBS are replacing for free, top service ?

Yeah- as mentioned above, I've long since put it down to bad luck- just found it odd to have two such failures after such a minor incident- but these things happen.

I'm already back on it and trying to break it again!!!

I think given the few parts you have replaced and the evidence of your 'unscheduled dismounts' that are on youtube- it is clear that I've been unlucky and that they are made of sturdier stuff.

Awesome service from Leisure Lakes Bury to get me on the road the next day; they did the replacement and work for free- can't say enough good things about my LBS.

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Update on my Kenevo - had my first OTB today, bike is fine :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles