Karoo 2 and Specialized Mission Control works, but not BLEvo…

FishMD

Mar 14, 2023
United States
Looked for this info and only found old threads on various forums asking if it could work, so figured I would post a newer one here.

Long story short, it works!

You can sideloaded the newest Specialized Mission Control android app on the Karoo 2 and log into it and have it connect to your bike (mine is the Turbo Levo 2022 Comp alloy with the non-Mastermind TCU). Then you can see everything/control everything from there for the bike.

Why did I want this? I wanted to be able to access the app quickly and easily without having my huge phone strapped to my bars and wanted quick access to things like microtune since I don’t have Mastermind.

This, plus having all the great tracking and eMTB metrics with the native Karoo 2 device, makes it a pretty sweet set up. I am still experimenting since I just got the bike, but I think this will be the clear winner over Garmin devices.

Now if I can just get BLEvo to work on the Karoo 2. I do have the “bike setup” working, which does allow you to make profile adjustments at least with BLEvo, but every time I go to “Bike Monitor” it crashes. If BLEevo worked fully, it would be huge in my opinion.

If anyone out there has any experience with BLEvo and getting it to work with Karoo 1/2, let me know.

Reactions: Dax

FishMD

Mar 14, 2023
United States
So I know BLEvo isn’t officially supported on the Karoo 2, but I did get the paid app version installed on there by sideloading. It open and I can get it connected to the bike through “bike setup.” When I click on “bike monitor” however, the app becomes unresponsive each time and I have to close out the app. Any idea why this would be?

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Did you have any difficulty pairing your bike to the sideloaded Mission Control? I just performed the sideloading, but it doesn't show my preregistered bikes and won't detect them in pairing mode.

FishMD

Mar 14, 2023
United States
Did you have any difficulty pairing your bike to the sideloaded Mission Control? I just performed the sideloading, but it doesn't show my preregistered bikes and won't detect them in pairing mode.
Hey there. The first version I sideloaded from apkpure didn’t work, but I found and downloaded another version which worked fine. I will see if I can link it here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles