Just joined

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Cheers, been a subscriber to Rob‘s channel for a while but just found this forum today. Looks like some good info and discussions here. I have a GEN 3 turbo levo expert and live in British Columbia Canada.
Welcome to the forums. What area in BeeSea?

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
Is Aerosmith developed for MTBing?
My son and his family live just off of Jingle Pot.
Lol I live just off Jingle Pot. No I don’t believe so. Hammer fest is close but it’s always been there. Mount Benson has developed quite a bit and is really good. As well as Westwood Lake Trail system.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I don’t know the trail system around Naniamo very well. 40 years in the Comox valley and North Island. Now I’m settled at the base of Burke Mountian where I ride but the kids are starting to migrate to the area.

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
I don’t know the trail system around Naniamo very well. 40 years in the Comox valley and North Island. Now I’m settled at the base of Burke Mountian where I ride but the kids are starting to migrate to the area.
Besides whistler I’ve never ridden in the Vancouver area. I know there are some great areas there for sure. Yeah Nanaimo has some very good trails as well. It’s so much fun on the emtb now.

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
My in-laws live in French Creek and next time we head over was thinking of bringing the bike with me ... was thinking of Cumberland or Coombs, but is it worth it to head the little bit extra back towards Nanaimo?

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
My in-laws live in French Creek and next time we head over was thinking of bringing the bike with me ... was thinking of Cumberland or Coombs, but is it worth it to head the little bit extra back towards Nanaimo?
Cumberland is really good but the black and double black trails are kinda all over the place and don’t flow the best IMO, but with trail forks app and an emtb it’s all good. Coombs (hammer fest) has much better flow but more of a beginner trail system for the most part. If you’re coming from Vancouver are you not using the HSB to DPB ferry? If so I would check out South Benson. Easy climb up the road, 20 minutes and you’re up near the top with some really good black and blue trails. I really enjoy uterbraten to endor to Blitzkreek. Fast chundery flow trails that can be lapped in about 30 minutes top to bottom. Sexy Flanders to max power is good as well.

Quinterly

Apr 22, 2020
Vancouver
Cumberland is really good but the black and double black trails are kinda all over the place and don’t flow the best IMO, but with trail forks app and an emtb it’s all good. Coombs (hammer fest) has much better flow but more of a beginner trail system for the most part. If you’re coming from Vancouver are you not using the HSB to DPB ferry? If so I would check out South Benson. Easy climb up the road, 20 minutes and you’re up near the top with some really good black and blue trails. I really enjoy uterbraten to endor to Blitzkreek. Fast chundery flow trails that can be lapped in about 30 minutes top to bottom. Sexy Flanders to max power is good as well.

Thanks ... yes, likely DPB, but sometimes Duke Point depending on reservations as it's not much different to go to Tsawwassen or Horseshoe Bay from where we live. It wouldn't matter much on the Island side either. More planning to run out for part of a day from their place so was looking at not straying too far but there seems to be so many options that it's hard to decide where to start!

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
Thanks ... yes, likely DPB, but sometimes Duke Point depending on reservations as it's not much different to go to Tsawwassen or Horseshoe Bay from where we live. It wouldn't matter much on the Island side either. More planning to run out for part of a day from their place so was looking at not straying too far but there seems to be so many options that it's hard to decide where to start!

It’s always good to have options. Good riding no matter which trail system you choose. Enjoy. If you’re in the area you can always message me through this forum and I can show you around Benson if you want. No guarantees I’m available but it might work. Cheers.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Always looked forward to the “Sunshine-Breakfast” .…but our recent trip to the island (few weeks ago) turned us off of the liquid-eggs 🤮. Maybe it was just that trip.
I’ve got anxiety bringing the EBIKE’s over on the ferry (destination Comox Valley) and heading up to Mt. Washington. I’ll check out the trail system first.

SteveRS

Jun 9, 2022
British Columbia Canada
Always looked forward to the “Sunshine-Breakfast” .…but our recent trip to the island (few weeks ago) turned us off of the liquid-eggs 🤮. Maybe it was just that trip.
I’ve got anxiety bringing the EBIKE’s over on the ferry (destination Comox Valley) and heading up to Mt. Washington. I’ll check out the trail system first.
Yeah that’s a lot of money hanging off the back of a vehicle being crammed into a vessel. Yeah don’t even get me started on BCF, as I work for them 🤬. Good luck with your ride.

CoreyB

Sep 22, 2020
Oregon
Hello, I'm currently riding a Levo SL Expert and Creo comp carbon Evo, and my wife is on a Turbo Tero 5.0. anticipating good times on this forum.
Hey Steve, I also ride a Levo SL Expert and have been riding that style of bike for 25 years+. I have a future son-in-law that rides gravel bikes so I've been considering getting a Creo Evo to ride with him. Having never ridden a bike like that or any road bike, I'm just completely unprepared to make the decision to spend that money for a bike that I may either love or hate... Wondering if you could give me some inside on moving from one to the other?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles