Just got my 2021 trek rail (UK Dartmoor)

Philly G

Subscriber
Jun 29, 2020
New Zealand
Cheers Philly G, I think the XL will be the one. I have a short torso hence the bloody long arms and legs. I can always tinker with my setup to move things around and make it work. Thanks for the advice.
Woody12, hope it works out for you! Let's know how you get on when you get the bike! Don't know whether you're going to want to fit a longer dropper post, but I can confirm the 185mm Bike Yoke fits in fully slammed, just fitted it today. Big step up from the measly 130mm post it came with

Ivan

Dec 29, 2018
Australia
Hi Gasdoc, I am looking at this exact same bike here in Australia. Due to stock issues etc you pretty much have to grab a bike and hope it works. I am 6”2 and have long arms and legs so was wondering what height you are? I’m leaning towards the XL which is fortunate as a rail 9 is the only one they have arriving in that size. How has the bike been going? And did you notice any difference between the carbon and alloy frame? Assuming you got to ride both. Cheers and sorry for the 1000 questions.
Hi Woody,

How much is it selling for here in Aus? I can't see the new models on the Trek website yet.

Cheers,

Ivan.

bluewater87

Jul 12, 2020
Canada
Hi Gasdoc, I am looking at this exact same bike here in Australia. Due to stock issues etc you pretty much have to grab a bike and hope it works. I am 6”2 and have long arms and legs so was wondering what height you are? I’m leaning towards the XL which is fortunate as a rail 9 is the only one they have arriving in that size. How has the bike been going? And did you notice any difference between the carbon and alloy frame? Assuming you got to ride both. Cheers and sorry for the 1000 questions.
I’m 6’2” as well with about a zero ape index.
I tested out a large rail 7 and it felt too small for me. Seated and standing.
The 465 reach is very small for a large these days. I haven’t tried an xl, but I ended up ordering a 2021 rail 9.7 XL. The XL reach is 495 which. My enduro and dh bike’s are 488/490 reach so I should be ok there with a short 35mm stem. The 500mm seat tube is longer than id like though.

Woody12

Jul 18, 2020
Australia
Hi Woody,

How much is it selling for here in Aus? I can't see the new models on the Trek website yet.

Cheers,

Ivan.
Hi Ivan, I was told $10k for a 2021 rail 9 by my lbs. I’m close to throwing down the deposit but before I do I will ask about the 9.8 carbon with XT spec, if it’s available here in Aus and the price etc. He had to look up availability and specs, I’m guessing on his dealer portal, not sure why Trek hasn’t updated their site considering there is not much stock left of anything else. You’d think it would make sense from a marketing perspective to allow buyers to browse the available range.

Last edited:

Woody12

Jul 18, 2020
Australia
Woody12, hope it works out for you! Let's know how you get on when you get the bike! Don't know whether you're going to want to fit a longer dropper post, but I can confirm the 185mm Bike Yoke fits in fully slammed, just fitted it today. Big step up from the measly 130mm post it came with
Cheers Philly G, I will definitely be looking at that mod if I go ahead with the Rail.

Woody12

Jul 18, 2020
Australia
I’m 6’2” as well with about a zero ape index.
I tested out a large rail 7 and it felt too small for me. Seated and standing.
The 465 reach is very small for a large these days. I haven’t tried an xl, but I ended up ordering a 2021 rail 9.7 XL. The XL reach is 495 which. My enduro and dh bike’s are 488/490 reach so I should be ok there with a short 35mm stem. The 500mm seat tube is longer than id like though.
Thanks bluewater87, just what I needed to hear! It’s a little stressful ordering here and not being able to even sit on a bike let alone ride it. You don’t want to piss off the shops but you also need to make the right choice and it’s hard when they never have a bike to try or even sit on.

Ivan

Dec 29, 2018
Australia
Hi Ivan, I was told $10k for a 2021 rail 9 by my lbs. I’m close to throwing down the deposit but before I do I will ask about the 9.8 carbon with XT spec, if it’s available here in Aus and the price etc. He had to look up availability and specs, I’m guessing on his dealer portal, not sure why Trek hasn’t updated their site considering there is not much stock left of anything else. You’d think it would make sense from a marketing perspective to allow buyers to browse the available range.

Thank Woody.

I think you still get a 10% or 15% discount on trek bikes if you have BUPA health insurance. Thought i'd mention it in case your a member.

Woody12

Jul 18, 2020
Australia
Thank Woody.

I think you still get a 10% or 15% discount on trek bikes if you have BUPA health insurance. Thought i'd mention it in case your a member.
I didn’t know that, maybe I can get something back from paying all these premiums! Cheers Ivan

bluewater87

Jul 12, 2020
Canada
Ordered my 2021 rail 9.7 volt/carbon XL July 18 with a then arrival date of October.
it is now nov 9. The wait continues.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles