Jam2 Charge port cover

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
Anyone else experiencing issues with the rubber cover on their bike? I'm finding the cover falls out every time I charge the bike, the problem is around the two rubber lugs that form the hinge of the cover. They bend to the point of deformation & I feel it's a matter of time before I lose the cover out on the trails.

Curious to see whether there is a solution or even an upgrade from Focus on newer bikes I could get my hot hands on.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Mines been ok. It's always looked like it would be useless and fail. I try to only open it as far as necessary to get the plug in. Then close it after charging (unlike the Kenevo plug, which I leave open to let air in to dry)

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
It finally went & left me last night. There is a corner of the south downs that is forever German. And rubber. Got hold of a Focus dealer today & learned the part is 50 pence(!) from Focus but they charge £20 postage to send one out(!!!)

The chap was kind enough to add it to his next bike order where they'll throw it in the box for nothing, so it's riding around with a bit of gaffer tape over the charge port for a few weeks from here.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles