It's here! 2022 Orbea Rise H15

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Orbea Rise H15.jpg

Bike arrived at the shop in Oregon today and should be in my hand in NorCal by Monday. I'll be adding some more upgrades shortly after. I'm gonna test a Fox DHX2 216x63 in the rear as well as upping the front travel to 160mm and wrap the frame in a full Ride Wrap kit. I picked up a SRAM X01 Drivetrain since my RF NextR wheelset was only available w/ an XD Driver. I'll use the Current Shimano drivetrain to refresh the XT drivetrain on my Trek Rail.

Finished build :
  • Frame Orbea Rise Hydro 2022 140mm travel 29" Boost 12x148
  • Shock Fox FLOAT X Factory 2-Position Evol LV custom tune 210x55mm
  • Fox DHX2 Factory 216x63mm (~161mm rear travel)
  • Fork Fox 36 Float Factory 160 Grip 3-Position
  • Chainring e*thirteen e*spec Direct Mount 32T Boost
  • Crank e*thirteen Plus Alu 165mm
  • Headset Acros Alloy 1-1/8 - 1-1/2" Integrated
  • Handlebar Race Face NextR Carbon 35 20mm Rise 800mm
  • Stem Race Face Turbine R 35mm 50mm
  • Shifters SRAM X01 Eagle 12sp Single Click Trigger
  • Brakes Shimano XT BR-M8120 4 Piston
  • Rotors Magura MDR-P 220mm Front/203mm Rear w/ speed sensor magnet
  • Cassette SRAM GX Eagle 10-52T 12sp
  • Rear Derailleur SRAM X01 Eagle 12sp
  • Chain SRAM XX1 12sp
  • Wheels Race Face NextR 31 Carbon 29"
  • Tyres Maxxis Dissector 2.60" front
  • Tyres Maxxis Dissector 2.40" Rear
  • Seatpost OC MC20 Mountain Control Dropper, 31,6mm 170mm (210mm Oneup V2 coming soon)
  • SEATPOST LEVER Shimano SL-MT500 I-Spec EV ( coming soon)
  • Saddle Specialized Power Pro Elaston 143
  • Chainguide Orbea Rise chainguide
  • Motor Shimano EP8-RS
  • Battery Orbea RS Internal 540Wh w/ Range Extender (Due in 6 weeks)
  • Pedals CrankBrothers Mallet E
  • Grips Wolftooth Fat Paw

Fatsweaty

Sep 1, 2021
UK
Lucky !!! Looks awesome……not jealous at all obviously 🤔still waiting on mine ordered in December when they were released in UK . Enjoy!!

Snowrydr01

Dec 15, 2021
Jeeptj01!
The marketing pictures for the grey and black were terrible. I waited an extra 2 months for orange and then the grey looks great in user pictures. Swing and miss for Orbea.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Today is meant to be the date that Orbea start shipping bikes to my LBS for my H15. Hope it's not disrupted due to the invasion of Ukraine(!).

BigJ - you have a very non standard order there - I know you are supplying some parts yourself, but did you make those changes with your LBS or Orbea - I assume the former? Why did you order the float X factory if you're swapping to a DHX2.

For my H15 I have ordered a set of custom wheels with bitex hubs, SLX calipers for use with deore levers, a Next SL bar, Funn 35mm stem, flite carbonio flow saddle, another dissector 2.4 for the rear, and probably a oneup 90mm or 120mm v2 dropper, depending on which size I need after testing the stock one, which is far too long for me - my LBS were total crap about any changes, even the dropper, insisting it would delay the bike by many months.

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
I have seen the orange, blue, and grey and black in the flesh by the way and agree, the official orbea press photos were garbage. The orange and the grey/black both look nice in real life, and flat and awful in the press pictures. I have gone for the blue and grey as i think it looks the best personally, but all colours are nice

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
I have seen the orange, blue, and grey and black in the flesh by the way and agree, the official orbea press photos were garbage. The orange and the grey/black both look nice in real life, and flat and awful in the press pictures. I have gone for the blue and grey as i think it looks the best personally, but all colours are nice
A friend of mine has the blue/grey h30 and it is a good looking bike. I wanted the orange but earliest ship dates available were in April….so I chose a anthracite/black from Oregon…(no sales tax)

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Today is meant to be the date that Orbea start shipping bikes to my LBS for my H15. Hope it's not disrupted due to the invasion of Ukraine(!).

BigJ - you have a very non standard order there - I know you are supplying some parts yourself, but did you make those changes with your LBS or Orbea - I assume the former? Why did you order the float X factory if you're swapping to a DHX2.

For my H15 I have ordered a set of custom wheels with bitex hubs, SLX calipers for use with deore levers, a Next SL bar, Funn 35mm stem, flite carbonio flow saddle, another dissector 2.4 for the rear, and probably a oneup 90mm or 120mm v2 dropper, depending on which size I need after testing the stock one, which is far too long for me - my LBS were total crap about any changes, even the dropper, insisting it would delay the bike by many months.
As a big guy, I can’t run the Performance damper on the fork….without adjustments it’s either too soft or too firm…so I run Grip2 if I run Fox, Ultimate w/ RS. Rear shock just matches tbh. I have a Float X on my Transition Spur. I don’t plan on Running It mullet so I’m not entirely sure how the longer dhx2 I picked up will work. If it doesn’t then I am already confident in how the float X performs. I really Haven’t had issues with basic dampers on rear shocks that I have on forks. The upgrades I changed through the Rider Connect reservation were Factory Grip2 150 fork, Factory Float X shock, Shimano M8120 4-pot brakes, 170 dropper, the rest I ordered..over $3k in parts from backcountry…I had a 20% off coupon for my bday lol. As for the changes, I made them on the Orbea website, Orbea sent the-request to the shop I chose. The shop then placed the order with Orbea for the bike I wanted with changes. I think the shop actually Ordered the bike with changes themselves because It still shows my request as a “request”. And not as confirmed even though the bikes already registered to me and arrives tomorrow
28E58B0E-A016-4F51-9F97-109F9264DB9E.jpeg

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
As a big guy, I can’t run the Performance damper on the fork….without adjustments it’s either too soft or too firm…so I run Grip2 if I run Fox, Ultimate w/ RS. Rear shock just matches tbh. I have a Float X on my Transition Spur. I don’t plan on Running It mullet so I’m not entirely sure how the longer dhx2 I picked up will work. If it doesn’t then I am already confident in how the float X performs. I really Haven’t had issues with basic dampers on rear shocks that I have on forks. The upgrades I changed through the Rider Connect reservation were Factory Grip2 150 fork, Factory Float X shock, Shimano M8120 4-pot brakes, 170 dropper, the rest I ordered..over $3k in parts from backcountry…I had a 20% off coupon for my bday lol. As for the changes, I made them on the Orbea website, Orbea sent the-request to the shop I chose. The shop then placed the order with Orbea for the bike I wanted with changes. I think the shop actually Ordered the bike with changes themselves because It still shows my request as a “request”. And not as confirmed even though the bikes already registered to me and arrives tomorrow
View attachment 82808
Thanks for info. I'm fed up waiting for mine!

Fatsweaty

Sep 1, 2021
UK
Mtb Monster though they have been great with comms every couple of weeks. Apparently it’s a delay from Orbea.

Baileyjd

Aug 23, 2018
Midlands.
This afternoon I cancelled a pre order with Leisure Lakes Cheltenham for a H15 in Black size XL should anyone be on the hunt for one.

Was initially due around this time , I am not aware what the revised date will be.

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
@BiGJZ74 I’m interested to see how you get on with the longer travel shock, I wasn’t sure there’s clearance without going mullet?
Just waiting on the offset bushing to arrive then I’ll let u know. I have seen a Carbon rise being run full 29” on YouTube….but not on an H as far as I know. I also run a 700lb spring so even with the bushings it may not work…definitely doesn’t without the bushing as a tried and there is a knock somewhere on the frame at top out. It was 3am so I didn’t search I just put the float x back on.

Digcon

Nov 2, 2018
Rotherham
Some crappy pics but here it is! Still need to install SRAM X01 derailleur and shifter, then add the 160mm airshaft/Fox DHX2 when the offs
Just waiting on the offset bushing to arrive then I’ll let u know. I have seen a Carbon rise being run full 29” on YouTube….but not on an H as far as I know. I also run a 700lb spring so even with the bushings it may not work…definitely doesn’t without the bushing as a tried and there is a knock somewhere on the frame at top out. It was 3am so I didn’t search I just put the float x back on.

I had to go with mullet set with your doing to yours because it made the seat to high over jump but on a plus side it feel better round like that
I run 180 up front and one offset bush in the rear

98BED5B5-7740-4ACE-99DF-1BB17785C58B.jpeg

mvtomas

Dec 12, 2021
Seattle WA area
Congrats. My H15 arrived last night from Jenson. Same color and looks much better in person. I unboxed it last night and will start the set up today.
Any thoughts on downtube protection?

Snowrydr01

Dec 15, 2021
Jeeptj01!
Congrats. My H15 arrived last night from Jenson. Same color and looks much better in person. I unboxed it last night and will start the set up today.
Any thoughts on downtube protection?

I used 3m tape. I am also going to make an extra bash guard section with kydex but it's not a priority yet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles