It's dead!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I experienced this on my Focus. Fortunately there was an LBS nearby. The guy there had never seen a Focus before, but he did what he called a "hard reset". It involved holding the on button down for 10-15 seconds. It worked! :)

Another similar fault happened to me last weekend. One of the connections coming out of the display had come out and the cable had flopped out of sight, but it could have just come loose without being dislodged.

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Vilt is on holidays so I guess he will respond later with more details. If I am right it has been a loose power plug on the motor side.

Maybe you can check if it is loose.

AML

Mar 12, 2019
USA - Virginia
I dropped it off today to the lbs where I purchased it from.

The display was briefly showing one red bar every time I pressed the power button. The battery is charged about 70% and if I plug it in it shows about 4 bars next to the plug on the battery.

Vilt

Feb 13, 2019
Berg en Terblijt, The Netherlands
Yes. Turned out the tcu cable came loose during transport in the car. (bike is on its side during transport.)

Dumb issue, and easily avoidable if there had been better connectors. But I'm happy it is nothing worse.

AML

Mar 12, 2019
USA - Virginia
Glad to hear it. Mine is doing some weird stuff but at least it is powering up again. I am speculating what happened but keeping my fingers crossed for now

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles