SRAM XX AXS Transmission (T-Type) with Reign E+1 2022?

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
No nothing to bend. I just took the pedal off and slid the chainring in place. Then I screwed it to the spider with the 4 provided screws.
I just installed the
Great step to step guide. Unfortunately I fount it too late and I had already mounted AXS XO on my Reign E+0. I don't know if the center nut (the center spider) is the same in the E+0 but I was able to install the SRAM X0 chainring without removing the center nut. It was not easy, I have to say, but after a few tries It went into position.
I just installed the front chain ring on my 2022 Reign didn't even have to remove the pedal(I have candy3's) It slips right over pedal and bolts up just like the originals. The bolts are longer and instead of the slotted type nut inserts it has a insert with a thin 10 mm nut. I used a ignition type wrench to hold them it in place and tighten Allen bolts. It's relatively easy no need to remove the spider at all.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
The xx system is installed on my Reign just getting it dialed in keep in mind that there is A or b Key setting and also anther A &B on the Derailer cage Watch
the setup video. I wish they had the reign E2 listed specifically on the install setups.

M AP

Dec 27, 2021
Milan, Italy
The xx system is installed on my Reign just getting it dialed in keep in mind that there is A or b Key setting and also anther A &B on the Derailer cage Watch
the setup video. I wish they had the reign E2 listed specifically on the install setups.
Setup key is B for the Reign E+, chain 122 long, cog 21. That’s what I did.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
7th gear right I have mine in the high position . I can confirm 122 on web site. How did you find the key position? Right now I pretty much just have one gear it jumps in.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
I think I got her all dialed in just did a short road ride not a proper shake down trail run. I may end up tweaking the cockpit a bit. This drivetrain seems fast the Fresh wax is part of that but I think she's a bit fast then my previous generation AXS.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
I used the tool but didn’t take the pedals off the crank. It wasn’t the pedals that got in the way for me but it was tight trying to get the new chain ring over the yoke. Like I mentioned it was close but I really didn’t want to force anything so I just used the tool. Good to know though that you can do it without the tool if needed.

I had a similar issue with gear 7. I fixed it by ensuring that my adjustments were made while under sag. It’s really important thst you don’t make them while the bike is on the stand. Since then. Perfect!
where did it tell you to do it under sag? mine shifts so good sometimes you can't even feel it other than the gear is easier or harder and I remember it saying to set it up unweighted unless your bike had specific instructions not to do it that way.

LJR69

Jan 4, 2022
UK
In their instructions. I can't recall exactly where. However if your is changing smoothly when riding then all good. Mine was changing beautifully, except for 4th to 5th (might have been 3rd to 4th, can't remember now). So I went and checked out their documentation again about tuning the set and it was in amongst there I read about doing it under sag.

Btw, this was months ago after I first installed it. Like you, mine now changes beautifully and sometimes it does do it so smoothly you hardly notice it changing. Great groupset.

Nobrks

Sep 16, 2021
Denmark
In their instructions. I can't recall exactly where. However if your is changing smoothly when riding then all good. Mine was changing beautifully, except for 4th to 5th (might have been 3rd to 4th, can't remember now). So I went and checked out their documentation again about tuning the set and it was in amongst there I read about doing it under sag.

Btw, this was months ago after I first installed it. Like you, mine now changes beautifully and sometimes it does do it so smoothly you hardly notice it changing. Great groupset.
Are you referring to; tensioning of the chain, before tightening the derailleur, to the frame (derailleur in locked position), that has to be done under sag ?

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
How do you guys like your T-Type drivetrain so far ? Any issues ?
It works great! It's almost as good as the hype. I would definitely recommend it if your not spending money you don't have and your going to be using your bike a fair bit. That being said it is a bit pricey and you don't need it but, it's nice to have. Yes I have had some issues nothing major. I'll try to elaborate on that later.

Rsdn

Apr 9, 2022
Finland
Thanks for this thread people, really helpful.

Looking to upgrade now but I'm still confused with the DT Swiss Freehub body conversion kits.

This first one has the 12x148mm option and says 3-pawl, however the product picture does not show the pawls? It says HYBRID, so should be more suitable for E-MTB. But is that end cap compatible?

The second kit seems to be the one people have been going for despite it saying 12x142mm. The product picture shows the 3-pawls. It's not rated for E-MTB though. I know it makes little difference but the price is basically the same so would like to go for the more durable one.

Nomad1

Apr 2, 2023
Thanks for this thread people, really helpful.

Looking to upgrade now but I'm still confused with the DT Swiss Freehub body conversion kits.

This first one has the 12x148mm option and says 3-pawl, however the product picture does not show the pawls? It says HYBRID, so should be more suitable for E-MTB. But is that end cap compatible?

The second kit seems to be the one people have been going for despite it saying 12x142mm. The product picture shows the 3-pawls. It's not rated for E-MTB though. I know it makes little difference but the price is basically the same so would like to go for the more durable one.
I upgraded my wheels and have the ratch system personally I'd upgrade from three paw but, that involves more money.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles