Is it possible to change assistance setting

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Hi guys. Ive got the whyte e150rs. And in eco there seems hardly any assistance. So when comparing it to my vitus with e8000. The tour mode would be the same as eco on the e8000. I was expecting alot more range than the vitus with 504wh battery on that. I find im using tour mostly as rhe eco offers no where near the support i was expecting. So despite having the 625wh on the whyte im getting only a similar range as the 504wh on the vitus.
On the shimano system you have etube to alter assistance levels for each mode. Is there something similar for the bosch?
Did a ride on dartmoor today and did 22miles and 2500ft in elevation and was into the fourth bar.
I was mostly using tour as eco was useless even in lowest gear.

jupiter

Aug 22, 2020
South Coast, UK
Interesting. I’d love to change my assistance levels too, but the other direction for different reasons. I guess that alone makes the “one size fits all“ a bit of a blunt instrument.

i find eco perfect. Tour gives me too much assistance and while I love the natural responsiveness of emtb, it doesn’t leave me anything to do. I’d love an emtb-minus. Turbo is just unnecessary for my use.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
If your bike as the new Nyon control then the answer is yes you can adjust the assistance levels to suit your needs. If you have any other of the Bosch cycle computers then the answer is no.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
If your bike as the new Nyon control then the answer is yes you can adjust the assistance levels to suit your needs. If you have any other of the Bosch cycle computers then the answer is no.
So it cant be done with kiox? And you have to lash out a shit loads of money for nyon?

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
So it cant be done with kiox? And you have to lash out a shit loads of money for nyon?
I'm afraid not. I too use the Kiox and you can not adjust any of the assist modes. As for being shit loads of money it would be cheaper to upgrade from the kiox to the Nyon as all the cabling and control are identical.
I'm giving it some thought myself on whether to upgrade. I like the fact that as you enter a destination it tells you whether you have enough battery power left in said power mode to reach your destination which I would find a great help.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
I'm afraid not. I too use the Kiox and you can not adjust any of the assist modes. As for being shit loads of money it would be cheaper to upgrade from the kiox to the Nyon as all the cabling and control are identical.
I'm giving it some thought myself on whether to upgrade. I like the fact that as you enter a destination it tells you whether you have enough battery power left in said power mode to reach your destination which I would find a great help.
Can a dealer do it?

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Awesome it maybe that as it was exdemo they left it in a low assistance.
Thanks jamy i was getting a bit worried id wasted my money
we may have our wires crossed, when you said can a dealer do it I assumed you meant the upgrade to Nyon and not the assistance level change. The dealer will have little scope for adjusting assistance levels. I believe they can swap out the EMTB mode for SPORT but thats about it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles