is it just me!!!!!

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
Funny, I had just checked my security camera for a shot of my bike chained to the gas meter in my basement. And then I saw this thread. I also greet my bike when I walk by it to do the laundry. I say soon baby soon.

IMG_9235.jpeg

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
I rent a two family house. The landlord has keys and can let maintenance people and other contractors in when needed. The people you have to worry about are the contractors helpers. A heavy chain can change their minds like leaving the basement door unlocked after they leave and they or a friend come back for the bike. I installed the camera (and an Airtag) the camera is also audio which can alert me to the sound of a battery operated grinder or hack saw. I also have a replacement value insurance rider, if all else fails. I think the premium is around $135 annually. Insurance is the cheapest thing you can buy.

This Bing camera (owned by Amazon) was an add on to my current system. But I ordered it last week and it was only $69 for a camera "kit", mount and a wireless wifi module. Looks like they go on sale from time to time: It sends a pic alert to my iphone and also my Apple watch if any movement around the bike. Also great if you keep your bike in a shed, but can still connect to your wifi. I was also able to set up a wifi camera last year inside my daughter's shed using a wifi extender as her shed is probably 50 feet away from her house.

Screen Shot 2023-02-20 at 1.30.35 PM.png

Last edited:

Expidia

Subscriber
Jun 27, 2022
Capital Region, New York
That will make a really lovely bang when your battery explodes!!!
I actually don't leave my battery on my bike. I store the battery (and charge it too) inside an old broken washer. I was going to toss it, but I use it to store the battery inside it's metal tub . . . I threw out the plastic augar that was in there. I aso use the top of it as a bike work bench for my tools along with a Park Bike stand. At one point, I had 3 emtb's and stored 3 batteries inside it. I hang a packet of "Damp Rid" inside the tub to keep moisture out as it is in the basement. Damp Rid is amazing. You would not believe how much water it takes out of the air over a few months. And if the battery does catch on fire, the flames have no where to go or at least my smoke alarms will alert us something is burning.

Screen Shot 2023-02-26 at 4.35.33 PM.png

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles