Iphone Nav App suggestion please.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I've been using Memory Map for a long time but it has a basic flaw. You can't orientate the map in the direction you are heading. It only maps North South as far as I'm aware, correct me if I'm wrong. Now I have a small Tomtom watch as my main nav following a bread crumb trail prepared on Memory Map but now that we have loads of leaf cover on the woods, it has so much lag that finding the right trail is becoming a pain.

The Iphone however uses telephone mast postion as well as GPS and is much more accurate and without the lag. Can you guys suggest an equivalent or better than Memory Map which will give me the map orientation in the direction you are heading ?

VWsurfbum

🤴King of Bling🌠
Jan 11, 2021
England
Komoot is very good, but I would suggest getting a Garmin Edge Explore, not that expensive and very very good. even connects to your Ebike and gives you vital data.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
If you want to stay with the phone, try the Ordnance Survey app. Monthly sub but you can download maps and log routes...

MadMunky

Jun 15, 2021
Hampshire
+1 Komoot - Best one I've tried for a phone app by far only minor issue I found was it sometimes takes you on footpaths but it seems to be a common issue on the apps.

SwissMountainLeader

Mar 10, 2021
Switzerland
I thought Komoot was quite nice. I did try the widget for the Fenix which just annoyed me as it was hopeless at following a track, I wonder how it is on the edge?

I may buy the fuller mapping for Komoot but I’m a bit oversubscribed on mapping already maybe ?

ruppia

Dec 14, 2020
Italy
I use Komoot, especially to create gpx for my garmin. Have a look on Bikemap, it's really interesting

Luca

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles