International Travel with Decoy

SmilesPerHour

Mar 5, 2022
Colorado
I’m putting together a European bike vacation this summer and would like to bring my Decoy from the US. Since I’m unable to fly with the battery I’ve been searching to see what battery rental options may exist. From earlier posts it seems like there isn’t much available for non-generic battery types, like the Decoy. I even sent an email to YT, but the best they could offer was a battery for purchase from the Euro site.

Curious if anyone has come up with a travel solution for the Decoy?

I’ll be flying into Munich and traveling around Switzerland and Northern Italy, then back out through Munich. If you know if any shops that might be able to help me out in those areas I’d appreciate the information.

Thanks!

SmilesPerHour

Mar 5, 2022
Colorado
Maybe from private who has a spare battery. I have a. Location Eastern Switzerland.

That‘s what I was hoping, maybe someone looking for a spare battery would be interested in letting me rent their‘s or would want to purchase the battery from me if I bought from YT Euro. (Shipping internationally home is very expensive, as expected.)

Appreciate any information, I’ll be in Grindelwald at the beginning of the trip with a car, so I can drive to a shop or meet up location. Willing to make it a worthwhile deal for anyone willing to help me out, really want to ride my own bike if I can!

Thanks!

SmilesPerHour

Mar 5, 2022
Colorado
How to travel from Munich to Grindelwald?
Switzerland has better places to bike 😎.
Maybe post here:
sorry my english is terrible
I'm 3 hours away from Grindelwald

We’ll be flying into Munich then driving in a rental car to Grindelwald. Would you be interested in meeting up and riding? If you‘re interested I could buy a second battery and leave it with you at the end of the trip?

No worries, appreciate the help!!

SmilesPerHour

Mar 5, 2022
Colorado
You could borrow my 2nd battery. I live on your route. ZIP code 9630. Same way back?
Oh that’s incredibly generous of you, thank you! Yes, I will going back the same way. 9630, looks very close to on the way to Grindelwald.

We aren‘t coming until August, so I’ll be sure to check in with you before then. I’ll send you a direct message with dates too.

Again, I’m so very appreciative of you generosity!

Neloz

Aug 10, 2021
London
I spoke to the UK mill about this idea, they advised that Shimano centres do stock their YT battery in Europe. So it may be worth seeing if you can contact some of them near your planned trip to see if they stock any of the custom batteries for hire.

SmilesPerHour

Mar 5, 2022
Colorado
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up, I don't think we even have "Shimano centers" in the US. This is super helpful! I had previously just been googling "emtb rentals" and trying to pick through shop sites...

leftside

Mar 26, 2020
Vancouver
Oh wow, thanks for the heads up, I don't think we even have "Shimano centers" in the US. This is super helpful! I had previously just been googling "emtb rentals" and trying to pick through shop sites...
You probably do. We have them in Canada. They had no problem looking at my Decoy when I first got it.

jerry

Dec 22, 2018
Belgium
I’m going to heading to finale ligure. Does anyone have a spare decoy battery I could borrow or know where I could rent one?
Simply do what almost everyone does - use the local shuttles - and leave the battery at home, you won't need it!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles