Install Nukeproof carbon bars

Agamemnon

Nov 17, 2019
Florida
Hi all. Got my Black Friday Nukeproof horizon bars today, have a few questions.
1 Torque wrench in the mail, can I snug good until the wrench comes.

2 In GB a wrench is a spanner, right?

3 Recirved on a card with the bars, two strips, both the same do these go underneath the gear shift/ brake levers?

Thanks, your Friend in Florida

image.jpg

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Hi buddy I have the same bars and never bothered finding out what they were for,I think I cut them down and used them for frame protection ?I’d just carry on as normal with the bars they are stronger than you would imagine,great bars my favourite back sweep?If this makes you at ease my nukeproof mega came with these bars and it never had those things fitted.

Will Hesch

Dec 3, 2019
Agamemnon, I too purchased those bars (35mm rise) and love them, what a killer deal!

I paired mine with the Horizon 35mm stem, the idea was to get my bars back and up and it seems to have worked. It takes longer now for my hands to get numb.

The tape is like Trikz said, it free frame protection for anywhere you want to apply it.

Agamemnon

Nov 17, 2019
Florida
Hi buddy I have the same bars and never bothered finding out what they were for,I think I cut them down and used them for frame protection ?I’d just carry on as normal with the bars they are stronger than you would imagine,great bars my favourite back sweep?If this makes you at ease my nukeproof mega came with these bars and it never had those things fitted.
Thanks. I didn’t use the strips. I did use Fiber grip underneath several spots, like the stuff. Love the bars.

image.jpg

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Use lock on collars from two grips to ensure a straight cut. A hacksaw with a fine blade ( 32teeth per inch) and go slowly. Bare in mind carbon dust is not particularly healthy, you can spray it with water to try and minimise the dust.

great advice, thanks for sharing the tips.

Agamemnon

Nov 17, 2019
Florida
Use lock on collars from two grips to ensure a straight cut. A hacksaw with a fine blade ( 32teeth per inch) and go slowly. Bare in mind carbon dust is not particularly healthy, you can spray it with water to try and minimise the dust.
I was wondering about an unraveling— like a rope, obviously not as dramatic. I guess that doesn’t happen....

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
Disappointed.
Took the bars with me when collecting my new bike.
The shop cut the bars down to 760mm for me, but when fitting the gears/brake levers they found they couldn't secure them, even with a bit of paste. So I've had to go back to the original bars as it wasn't safe.

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
Disappointed.
Took the bars with me when collecting my new bike.
The shop cut the bars down to 760mm for me, but when fitting the gears/brake levers they found they couldn't secure them, even with a bit of paste. So I've had to go back to the original bars as it wasn't safe.
That’s bizarre my gears/brakes barely move at 2.5NM on these bars,I set them not so tight in case I have an off?

Pyr0

E*POWAH Master
Sep 22, 2019
Wirral, UK
The guy in the shop was saying they literally couldn't be tightened any more.

Looking at the bars, I can see some of the rough coating has come off

Trickz

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Sep 2, 2019
Burton upon Trent
The guy in the shop was saying they literally couldn't be tightened any more.

Looking at the bars, I can see some of the rough coating has come off
Not good buddy?Maybe you had a dodgy set but shame you’ve cut them down,I’d still contact crc and tell them what’s happened, they might sort you out?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles