I like a bit of everything. 140 or 160?

Box of Demons

May 26, 2020
Leeds
I am 5'11
13 Stone
I have been riding a Marin Mount Vision for years, but the e-mtb has caught my attention.
I was thinking the 160 would do everything the 140 would with the extra crunch for those black runs I enjoy so much at Dalby Forest.

Is there any downsides to getting the 160 over the 140? :cool: Been looking at the Team version on the ol chucky chucky.
And what frame size should I go for? I don't think you get a choice on wheel size.

- - -
(⌐■_■) ? Boots On The Ground UK - My Hiking - Wild Camping - Adventure channel. Boots on the Ground UK
(⌐■_■) - ► Box of Ants UK Ant Keeping. Box of Ants & Fish
(⌐■_■) ? Box of Demons - My Tactical Shooter Channel. - Box of Demons

Frankieboy

Jan 14, 2019
Basingstoke
I have the 2019 160AT, a mate has the 2019 140TM. Both are great bikes and work well on all the local stuff we do, including bike park. If I had to start again I’d still go for the 160, simply because it gives you “extra crunch“ as you put it.

I’m also 5’11, just over 13 stone and have the 18” frame. For the 2019 model I’m right on the cusp of 18” / 20” frame. With hind sight, I should probably have gone for the 20”, because I‘ve needed to raise the seat relatively high in relation to the handle bars, which gave me a neck ache on long rides, although age may also be a contributing factor. I’ve since changed the handle bars which sit 20mm higher and the position is now more comfortable.

Not sure if 2020 frame sizes are the same as 2019, either way, I’d strongly recommend trying both sizes if you can before commiting.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles