I blame my son!

Tekniques

Nov 27, 2022
Australia
yes its all his fault I'm into this hobby/sport and loving it. He has nicknamed me EnduroDad although I'm far from it and after a year of riding, came off my Rail and currently recovering from a broken wrist! Nothing too difficult, easy trail, got complacent but can't wait to get back on soon. From Melbourne Australia, we ride together and it's been great to have that connection with him on something he loves to do, MTB.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
yes its all his fault I'm into this hobby/sport and loving it.
Also blame mine for getting me into MTBs. The more we got into downhilling the steeper the climbs and of course I couldn't keep up with him. So January I sold the Trek Fuel EX and bought a Trek Rail. Now I wait for him at the top! I blame him for this of course. As does my wife (step Mum) who also had to sell her Trek Fuel EX and buy a Trek Rail. 😉

Last edited:

Tekniques

Nov 27, 2022
Australia
Also blame mine for getting me into MTBs. The more we got into downhilling the steeper the climbs and of course I couldn't keep up with him. So January I sold the Trek Fuel EX and bought a Trek Rail. Now I wait for him at the top! I blame him for this of course. As does my wife (step Mum) who also had to sell her Trek Fuel EX and buy a Trek Rail. 😉
sounds exactly like our situation. I had the Fuel EX8 first, then he got that and I got the Rail which had me doing multiple loops up and down in a single session.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
It must be great to ride with your son. I have two daughters, neither of whom like bikes. But the bike gene must have skipped a generation because my grandson has been bike-mad since he was able to utter words. His Mum says "bike" was his second word. For years I coached him, took him to one-on-one skills coaches and so forth. But then he discovered that girls are not interested in mtb, but they do like rugby players!! I can't blame him really; he will come back to it soon enough. :love:

The non-bike gene has been transmitted to my grand-daughter. I tried to spend the same time and money on her as I did with him, but it was hard when she was neither interested nor showed the slightest aptitude. She is almost 13 and still can't pedal stood up. She appreciated the sewing machine I bought her! She was as much "over the moon" as he was with a new bike. :love:

kauaibobby

Feb 9, 2022
Eagle, Colorado
i know i blame my son too. They live on big island hawaii. they both had regular mt bike and when i came out to visit they said dad why don't you rent an emtb. so i did. Bought a specialize levo comp, so much fun. They both have emtb bike to now.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles