How many watts does the ep8 RS put out?

Longfellow78

Jan 4, 2022
Hampshire
Does anyone know what the peak watt output of the EP8 RS is by any chance?
I know the nominal sustained is 250w, but all ebike motors say that.
And or as well what the max % multiplier of rider input is.

I'm interested as the stock ep8 is 500w, the Levo motor is 565w, the Bosch is 600w.

Thanks - only asking for the sake of insight/interest. Cheers.

Deimos

Apr 25, 2021
Germany
Does anyone know what the peak watt output of the EP8 RS is by any chance?
I know the nominal sustained is 250w, but all ebike motors say that.
And or as well what the max % multiplier of rider input is.

I'm interested as the stock ep8 is 500w, the Levo motor is 565w, the Bosch is 600w.

Thanks - only asking for the sake of insight/interest. Cheers.
The orbea rise is Limited to 150w in Eco 250 w in trail and 350w in Boost. Normal Ep8 500w in every Mode

hind-corners

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2022
Europe
EP8 RS is same exact motor as EP8 and if you dont dont mind about warranty/battery output, you can configure it to same levels. My understanding is that the battery output is the limiting factor that can cause issues (vibrations), less on Hydro models. My bike shows 350w max as default.

LeeS69

Aug 27, 2022
Yorkshire
I've got plenty of power in trail and too much in boost, what they heck do you need more for!!!??!

I would like a few extra MPH though, 15 just isn't enough between trails

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
I’ve just changed my M10 to US spec, but in the process lost the power settings for RS on the motor. It‘s now full 500w witch seems like a good thing, but I really like the range I get with the RS settings. So also interested in what max power values should be?

According to the latest STunlocker app there is a setting to retrieve the EP8RS values and according to them:
ECO 150 W
TRAIL 250 W
BOOST 350 W

But don’t know if these values are correct?
By the way when trying to put the RS values in the STunlocker app it crashed. Hopefully an update on the app will fix this because I want my range back. :)

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
Nice had an update for STunlocker just the day after and now I can reset the EP8RS values to original and when I open E-tube app its also back to normal with max 60 Nm. Perfect!

By the way in STunlocker you can edit the power values up to 600 Watt. Didnt dare to try, but I tried 500 watts and 85 Nm for a spin. Worked without issues.

I think I will try 500/85 for a full spin down to low SOC on the battery next time.

Last edited:

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
Did a spin of 12 km all in Boost 500W/85Nm from 100% charge. On wet snowy tracks at 1 deg Celsius. Ended up with 23% charge. No issues or vibrations.. 2022 Orbea Rise M10 With 360Wh battery.

So no issues but range is the cost!

Tires used Spec Butcher gridtrail T9 front and rear (bought them for winter riding).

BiGJZ74

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Mar 17, 2021
American Canyon, CA
Nice had an update for STunlocker just the day after and now I can reset the EP8RS values to original and when I open E-tube app its also back to normal with max 60 Nm. Perfect!

By the way in STunlocker you can edit the power values up to 600 Watt. Didnt dare to try, but I tried 500 watts and 85 Nm for a spin. Worked without issues.

I think I will try 500/85 for a full spin down to low SOC on the battery next time.
I didn't dare to try the 600W setting either. I use 500W in all settings, eco in setting 2, trail in 5, boost in full. Ramp up is set at eco 3, Trail, & Boost in 2 so I don't spinout if its steep & loose. I think torque is 60/70/80

Borbea

Nov 13, 2022
Sweden
Orbea Rise M10 with burly tires on technical trails at -1 degree celsius from 100% to 0% SOC. All in full boost, acc, torque and assist to max. Full EP8 power 85Nm/500W. Consistent power all down to when controller swapped to ECO mode The last % of SOC. No issues. Same loop in original EP8RS setting ended up in 30% left compared to 0% (Full EP8 settings).

Felt comparable to my old Husqvarna HC6 with EP8 in full power. So definitely no Ampere restriction. I think these reports about restricted power delivery origins from when used in 85Nm mode but still in 350W limit. 85Nm/500W can be set in STunlocker.

In rough muddy conditions with burly tires i think the EP8 settings can be of use for 1 hour blast. But the RISE really sings with as light set up as possible with XC/Trail tires and EP8RS settings in summer.

hind-corners

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2022
Europe
I have Hydro with 540wh battery, I run profile where eco = 150w/30nm, trail 350w/60nm and boost 500w/85nm. I have tried also tune the modes in a way that power delivery stops when I stop pedaling. Compared to full fats I ride with (single track), I’m as fast as them but also I have 30% battery left when they reach zero.

This and the way rise rides I haven't consider anything new. (I run DHF/DHR tyres, bigger brakes and 160mm fork).

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles