How long my wearing parts lasted!

Shifty

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 29, 2019
Wiltshire
Ok my Giant Pro+3 2019.
Wear list at 1900k since Mid Sept Oct 2019 when I bought it new.
  1. At 1000k new pads (should be earlier)
  2. Rear hanger, mech at 1000k (accident)
  3. Rear hub ratchet 1100k (spinning cassette) warranty
  4. 1900k replacement chain, rear cassette. (Totally shagged and slipping)
  5. 1900k hanger replaced at same time as chain.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Fairly meaningless numbers without knowing exactly what the wear parts you're referring to actually are, your riding style, weight, fitness level, riding skill level. and typical use (including riding conditions), typical climbing/descending elevation, technicality of terrain and drivetrain maintenance/cleaning regime.

Plenty folk have worn out a set of brake pads in one day riding normal bikes at 24 hour events in attrocious conditions or riding lift assisted DH. Whereas plenty others get many thousands of miles from one set.

Whenever someone quotes their distances ridden in km I always have to converty to mileage.
Never really understood why UK cyclists use Km.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Fair enough
But why "Estimate" with all the digital mapping technology readily available in this day and age? :unsure:

KennyB

E*POWAH Master
Aug 25, 2019
Taunton
Fair enough
But why "Estimate" with all the digital mapping technology readily available in this day and age? :unsure:
I have never run out of battery with a paper map, nor been let down by total reliance on a GPS signal. Major reason for callouts to my local (Ochils) Mountain Rescue Team was just these.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I thought shift had gone nudist (how long my wearing pants lasted) :oops: :ROFLMAO: Should read things properly :eek:

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'm far too hungover to understand what point you were making at all.

I genuinely can't remember the last time I saw any mtb rider out in the hills using a paper map.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles