Horizon v2 wheels….

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Hey guys looking at trying mullet set up on my focus, thinking of trying a nukeproof horizon v2 rear wheel for this as its seems great value , any one else used these on ebikes? Are the hubs durable when matched with the steel sram pg1230 cassette ?

claypot

Jul 4, 2022
Australia
Hey guys looking at trying mullet set up on my focus, thinking of trying a nukeproof horizon v2 rear wheel for this as its seems great value , any one else used these on ebikes? Are the hubs durable when matched with the steel sram pg1230 cassette ?
How did you do with these, I'm thinking of getting one also.

Clubby

Oct 3, 2020
Tayside
I was a bit worried about such a high tooth count (smaller teeth) and ebike power. I went for the Neutron V2 (36t) and have been running it for a year with no issues. Tubless tyre inflated with just a trackpump and the wheel has never been near a spoke key.
Very happy.

claypot

Jul 4, 2022
Australia
H
I was a bit worried about such a high tooth count (smaller teeth) and ebike power. I went for the Neutron V2 (36t) and have been running it for a year with no issues. Tubless tyre inflated with just a trackpump and the wheel has never been near a spoke key.
Very happy.
Hey Mate, cheers for the reply.
I got confused with another brand and thought the Neutron had less spokes so never looked at it, but just seen its also 32. Good point re engagement, I thought the same, but also thought it may spread the load over more points rater than loading less - I over think things, its a problem.... But given the price and lack of other choices at the moment I was going to give it a crack.
I see the free hub spline has "Anti bite guard" to stop the cluster biting into the alloy splines. Any chance you've removed the cluster to see how this has been coping?
Cheers.

claypot

Jul 4, 2022
Australia
Hi mate I ended up getting a good deal on DT Swiss H1700 hybrid which so far has been superb
Oh nice one, well done, I cant track one down regardless of how much I want to pay!
I have a Horizon V2 on the way for a mullet, not sure how the hub will go on the Sam2's Bosch gen 4, time will tell and I'll report back.
Didn't want to part with too much cash if mullet wasn't for me.

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Oh nice one, well done, I cant track one down regardless of how much I want to pay!
I have a Horizon V2 on the way for a mullet, not sure how the hub will go on the Sam2's Bosch gen 4, time will tell and I'll report back.
Didn't want to part with too much cash if mullet wasn't for me.

Yeah mate sign of the times everything hard to come by, I think you will love the mullet though really changes the bike handling in a positive way

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
I have spank Hex hubs on my Rise which I understand are the same as the Horizon V2 with 102POE, I wanted an XD freehub for one of my wheels & was told from Distributor I could use the Horizon V2 freehub & the spank end caps
I have been very happy with my Spank hex hubs, I have 2

claypot

Jul 4, 2022
Australia
I have spank Hex hubs on my Rise which I understand are the same as the Horizon V2 with 102POE, I wanted an XD freehub for one of my wheels & was told from Distributor I could use the Horizon V2 freehub & the spank end caps
I have been very happy with my Spank hex hubs, I have 2
Mate that's good feedback cheers. I spent a fair bit of my company's time researching and found the same regarding the Nukeproofs being same component as the spanks. Thanks for the feedback and good info for anyone thinking about getting the horizon V2's.

claypot

Jul 4, 2022
Australia
Feedback on my Horizon V2 rear with nukeproof insert, running around 25 PSI. Can't fault it so far, a few drop offs in the park and trails bit of rock gardens nothing too full on, wheel and spokes still looks good. Nice buzz to the hub but not overboard. No Idea how the HG spline is going. Over all really happy with it for the price I payed.

Loe Rider

Oct 26, 2020
Kernow
Update on mine. Running on a mullet Levo for almost 2 years now and its been faultless. I replaced the hg hub body with xd a few months back and found a slight wear mark on the hub but no discernable bearing play. The only very slight niggle is that the anodising/colour on the spokes and rim don't clean up much. But hey, its rarely cleaned like that anyway.

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Thanks guys I actually forgot all about this thread I ended up getting a dt swiss h1700 in the end, so far so good

dchakalov

Jul 2, 2023
Bulgaria
I just ordered a Radon Deft 8.0 which comes with SUNringlé Düroc SD37. On my acoustic bike I have the Horizon V2 wheels which I have been using for the past year and a half. Would you guys recommend keeping the Sunringle wheels on the ebike or replacing them with the nukeproof ones?

Wilbur

Dec 12, 2022
New Zealand
I had a set of Duroc 40 on an Ibis HD4 and they didn't last long before splitting around the spoke nipples. Freehub also gave out. My HV2 on a Trek Rail have been very good and taken a real pounding - a full week's worth of bike park resulted in a few dings and I had to completely retension, but that's pretty normal for any wheel. Colour me impressed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles