Hope V4 brake hose

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
Is it different ?, i mean the standard black plastic stuff, not the braided, only i was looking at one of the brakes and it looked thicker than the Hope hose Ive just fitted to a front. So was wondering if there's a different thickness of hose im unaware of. I don't think so, but it looked thicker in the pic so thought id best check.
I need to buy a couple of meters to do the rear, but if there is a different hose, i should probably buy longer and redo the front one.
I'm not really interested in buying braided, its a complete arse to cut.

Plus does anyone know where i can get a couple of their thicker 2.3mm rotors. Cant seem to find any in stock.

Last edited:

nigefox

Feb 1, 2022
West Mids
Not sure where you've already tried but ive always found Slam69 to stock the Hope kit i couldn't find anywhere else. My local shops are dealers but carry very limited stock (2wheelsonly and runandride).
I havent read anything about them using thicker hose on the new brakes, as far as ive read the main differences are in the piston design and seal materials and improved leverage and res capacity. They are also claiming 30% more power from the new Tech4 range.

2wheels are doing a review in the coming week as one of the guys is running a set on his own bike. I'm waiting on that as im not loving the Code Rs currently installed on my Whyte e160 and am torn between the new Tech4s or Magura MT7s.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles