Hope floating rotors

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Has anyone on here fitted some 203mm Hope floating rotors on their bike, I’m looking at getting some but not sure if the rivets will rub on the rear brake calliper, mine in the V1 2020 e150rs, any help would be appreciated please.

Paulquattro

E*POWAH Elite
May 7, 2020
The Darkside
Different callipers will rub the rivets but my main problem with hope discs is warping on several sets
I ended up giving up and fitting Magura rotors
There's obviously others around but they work well and have given no problems .

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks for your reply mate, I might have to give them a body swerve then, not what I was expecting from a company like Hope, I thought their components were top notch 🤔

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
Thanks for the links mate, I wanted the Hope rotors partly for the colour but mainly because of their build quality reputation, I have Uber bike radiators on my bike at the moment and they have the big rivet’s so I don’t see why the Hope rotors shouldn’t fit, at the moment I’ve got to sort out my stuck frame bearing outer race, once it’s done, I’ll look at new rotors 😉

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Thanks for the links mate, I wanted the Hope rotors partly for the colour but mainly because of their build quality reputation, I have Uber bike radiators on my bike at the moment and they have the big rivet’s so I don’t see why the Hope rotors shouldn’t fit, at the moment I’ve got to sort out my stuck frame bearing outer race, once it’s done, I’ll look at new rotors 😉
I fitted them to my e150rs and no rubbing but you will have to bend the magnet mount slightly as the bolt holes are slightly recessed so caused the magnet to rub. The rivets on the rotors were fine, ive had no problems with warping and much better with brake fade than with the centrelines

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
I fitted them to my e150rs and no rubbing but you will have to bend the magnet mount slightly as the bolt holes are slightly recessed so caused the magnet to rub. The rivets on the rotors were fine, ive had no problems with warping and much better with brake fade than with the centrelines
I did away with the OEM magnet and bought an ultra thin flat circular magnet with a hole in it and riveted it to my rotor, it’s still working fine 😉😎

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles