Hobart Tassie , best E MTB loop

HOMIE5000

Feb 23, 2020
Australia
Any E MTB riders in Hobart Tassie able point me in right direction on trailforks West Hobart .
I moved to Hobart in march and don't know the area . I haven't ridden for about 18 months after a bad crash but I just ordered a Decoy so cant wait to ride the area . I have ridden for 18 years or so DH and All mountain , I might be a bit rusty so just looking for a good loop or trails to start on .
Thanks in advance .

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I think you're better off at Meehan through Winter - it's pretty dry. Most other places are dry but with some big wet patches. I have a 20km circuit - mostly blue - I love it.

HOMIE5000

Feb 23, 2020
Australia
I think you're better off at Meehan through Winter - it's pretty dry. Most other places are dry but with some big wet patches. I have a 20km circuit - mostly blue - I love it.
Ok , Ill do Meehan this week maybe tomorrow. Ive been riding west Hobart , good trail network redwine etc .

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Ok , Ill do Meehan this week maybe tomorrow. Ive been riding west Hobart , good trail network redwine etc .
Yeah, I just had a look at the map to see where west hobart is. There is some dry stuff there. Top of forest road is one end of it, over to Fiona Allen track in Mt Stewart - most of that area facing the east is dry. I just looked at trail forks to see where red wine is - I imagine you've found all the wet areas. There are so many new tracks there, or maybe it's just that they have names now? The only advantage meehan has is that it is generally drier - except for stringy bark gully track. I'm a bit aquapobic though. If you do go and aim to do a loop, wedge rock is a good ride down from the range; slimy at the bottom but I don't think that will bother you. And for the climb up, corkscrew because you have an ebike (if you like an interesting climb).

HOMIE5000

Feb 23, 2020
Australia
Yeah, I just had a look at the map to see where west hobart is. There is some dry stuff there. Top of forest road is one end of it, over to Fiona Allen track in Mt Stewart - most of that area facing the east is dry. I just looked at trail forks to see where red wine is - I imagine you've found all the wet areas. There are so many new tracks there, or maybe it's just that they have names now? The only advantage meehan has is that it is generally drier - except for stringy bark gully track. I'm a bit aquapobic though. If you do go and aim to do a loop, wedge rock is a good ride down from the range; slimy at the bottom but I don't think that will bother you. And for the climb up, corkscrew because you have an ebike (if you like an interesting climb).
Thanks , Ill head over tomorrow and check it out

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles