His and hers E10s with M510.

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
Just finished putting together new E10s for my wife and me. They have the M510 motor and 960wh (20A) 48v batteries. We haven’t managed to get out on them properly yet as it’s been too hot.
D722F323-0DE2-4CE0-897F-ABCE6661E6B8.jpeg

Kjaermadsen

Jul 24, 2022
Denmark
looks like a really nice pair of bikes that you have put together - do you have any recommendations for me if I wanted to copy your build? Bothe in terms of spec, sizing, choose of motor battery etc?
Br. Karsten

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
Hi Karseten, sorry for not replying before, I’ve been on Holiday.
First on sizing, I’m 1.78m and a medium (17”) fits me perfectly. My wife is 1.58m and she’s ok with the small (15”). I chose the M510 motor because I want to be legal and I want as much battery life as possible. I went for a custom battery to increase range, but it depends on your terrain. On the old bike (M500 motor) I could get about 60km and 1500m of climbing on the Dengfu 840wh battery. I’ve not managed a proper range test on the new bike yet.
Component wise, mine has higher spec. forks and wheels, because I bought them when supplies were short during the Pandemic. Otherwise the main components are as follow:-
Forks - RockShox Yari 160mm (ZEB Select on mine)
Shock - RockShox Deluxe Select
Wheels - Shimano MT400 27.5 (DT Swiss M1900 (mullet) on mine)
Brakes - Shimano BR-M6120 - 4 piston
Groupset - Shimano M5100 - 11 speed - 11/51
If you want more details, it’s probably best in a Private conversation.
Dave

napshotman

Feb 28, 2023
SG
Just finished putting together new E10s for my wife and me. They have the M510 motor and 960wh (20A) 48v batteries. We haven’t managed to get out on them properly yet as it’s been too hot.
View attachment 92747
Hello His and Hers, haha... Awesome looking pair! One question, on the grey color bike, i noticed the ignition switch is not there, is this model comes without the ignition switch or rather mechnical on/off? On my E-10, i disable the ignition switch, the wet rides here (Singapore) causes malfunction with the ignition switch.

eugene8

Nov 12, 2022
mainland
They are custom made batteries that don’t have a switch connection, so I filled the holes before painting. On my old E-10, I disabled the switch in the battery.
Looking good. How do you strap the battery to the frame? Can you make a picture of under the battery compartment?

eugene8

Nov 12, 2022
mainland
Straps are behind the original cable brackets. I’ve added a bracket at the bottom to stop the battery sliding down. Then I’ve used thick stick on felt pads for protection.

This is a good idea to put the strap under the original bracket. I'm going to try it

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles