Hi

Ste07

May 21, 2020
bury
Hi. I'm mark. New to the world of emtbs but done lots of research. I'm looking to buy my 1st emtb as I'm disabled with spinal problems but been given the all clear to either swim or cycle after major surgery. I am 6ft5 and need an XL. Maybe an XXL in some brands but I've test ridden XLHaibikes and 22 cubes which felt great. Dropper post helped. I am considering buying new and have looked into deal on Cube Stereo HPC SL and Focus Jam2 Drifter as well as Orbea FS H25. I need full suspension for optimum comfort. I've got roughly £2000 to spend. To buy new means I need over £3000 so I'd have to finance. If I bought second hand I'd have no warranty so that puts me off slightly. I've even considered Halfords Voodoo zobop as I can get the Voodoo Zopbop E8000 for 2k brand new. Been offered a brand new Cannondale neo habit 4 for around 3k too. Plenty of options but my favourite throughout all my searching has been the Cube Stereo HPC SL 160 or 140. The 140 isn't being made again tho I'm told. I've picked a bad time to get a new ebike. They are like gold dust and no one offering much discount due to stock issues. This group was recommended by a good friend who tells me only emtb experts know about this forum. Look forward to some good advice along the way and maybe someone has an XL ebike they could tempt me with.

Last edited:

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Hi Mark and welcome. I’d advise buying new (for the warranty), locally (for peace of mind) and the best you can afford... eMTB’s are addictive and I know several people who have bought a budget bike initially, outgrown it very quickly and wished they’d forked out a bit more in the first place.

Ste07

May 21, 2020
bury
Hi Mark and welcome. I’d advise buying new (for the warranty), locally (for peace of mind) and the best you can afford... eMTB’s are addictive and I know several people who have bought a budget bike initially, outgrown it very quickly and wished they’d forked out a bit more in the first place.
Good advice mate

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles