Hi, new to E-mtb and loved my first ride!

locoboy

Jan 15, 2022
Midlands
Had a test ride on an Orbea Rise M20 today and loved it.
I've been riding analog MTb for the last 10 years and 6 months ago I ruptured 3 disc in my lower back leading to a trapped nerve and loss of movement in my foot an lower leg, the pain is subsiding but the movement isn't back yet (fingers crossed for a full recovery long term)
I've not ridden my MTB since the back issue until today when I borrowed a friends Orbea rise and managed 17 miles with 1700ft of elevation (y) with 40% remaining back at the car.
I think I might be in love with that bike! - I may have also just ordered one.....

Barnicles

Aug 8, 2020
Uk
Had a test ride on an Orbea Rise M20 today and loved it.
I've been riding analog MTb for the last 10 years and 6 months ago I ruptured 3 disc in my lower back leading to a trapped nerve and loss of movement in my foot an lower leg, the pain is subsiding but the movement isn't back yet (fingers crossed for a full recovery long term)
I've not ridden my MTB since the back issue until today when I borrowed a friends Orbea rise and managed 17 miles with 1700ft of elevation (y) with 40% remaining back at the car.
I think I might be in love with that bike! - I may have also just ordered one.....

What level of assistance were you using and how much do you weigh?

I'm considering either a Rise (alloy or carbon) or a full power ebike as my next buy after having mine stolen and am a bit nervous about Rise range.

Glad you enjoyed the ebike ride!

locoboy

Jan 15, 2022
Midlands
What level of assistance were you using and how much do you weigh?

I'm considering either a Rise (alloy or carbon) or a full power ebike as my next buy after having mine stolen and am a bit nervous about Rise range.

Glad you enjoyed the ebike ride!
I used a mix of eco and trail with just one short (60m) burst of boost and I weigh 17st. I don't want a Full Fay bike as it'll be a pain in the ass to move about, load on the bike rack, manhandle into the cellar, loft over fences/gates so I bought the range extender which will give me more than I need.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles