Hi, my GiantRideControl turns, then off again.

RD33

Oct 20, 2021
Kent England
My Giant Reign e+0 RideControl will turn on but within seconds the lights go out! 🤷‍♀️ I can’t think of anything I’ve done to upset it. I really want to go out!!
Can anyone help please?

bumblingbee

Nov 1, 2021
UK
not sure if you resolved this - I had a very similar with a 4 month old Trance E 2021 - lights came on, flashed a few times and went off. I removed battery, dried everything down, checked battery was fully charged etc etc. Next day, worked for a few minutes and then exact same issue. Took the bike shop two weeks to work to strip it all down and work out the problem - initially they replaced the handlebar controller, but still wasn't working, eventually turned out to be a faulty charge port.

RD33

Oct 20, 2021
Kent England
Glad you’ve got yours sorted.
I believe my problem is water ingress in the control. i was intending to swap the control with my my partners to see if that transferred the problem to his bike….at least it would confirm or rule it out but It’s dry now and working, Im waiting for a silicone cover from another member who had the same trouble. Hopefully it won’t get wet again.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles